Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you hide >

Do you hide

Do you hide

Old 07-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I know this is a good natured thread, but there are some women who feel they have to hide their purchases from their husbands. I always feel sad for anyone who has to live that way.
My dh's father was a tyrant and those kids worked the fields for their
clothes and in the school lunchroom for food...we are talking 9 years old
and up.
He has moderate claustrophobia from never having much.
He does not visit my sewing room.
I'm happy for all of you that don't have a drop of guilt
and never did.
Makes for less issues when you bring in the shopping bags
Old 07-04-2015, 05:57 AM

My Hubby was in the "encourager" group. Every time I went shopping, he asked if I got any new fabric or yarn! He knew how to make me happy. He really did enjoy seeing my creations. AND he bragged on those creations when they were gifted to family or friends! I know he and some friends compared "Creative Wife" stories, he repeated them to me when he got home! Now he's gone, and I'm sharing the joy of fat quarter and remnant collection with our Granddaughter! She's two and is very happy holding and petting new fabric! Oh, she loves new yarn too, but I have to watch out, she likes to shred the wrappers!
Old 07-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Actually, it is rather hard to hide fabric that is sosking in the kitchen sink and every kettle on the counter and kitchen table.

DH just sort of shakes his head and does noot say much about it.
Old 07-04-2015, 09:30 PM

I joked in my earlier post bout hiding shoes and bags in trunk until hubbie walked dogs lol, I also confessed he knew exactly what I did, I'm here to confess again, can't hide my latest purchase new garden furniture as its getting delivered tomorrow, hopefully all set up for when he gets home from work and we can chill out been laid up a bit unwell last week or so, Internet shopping is a great thing, I might be on first name terms with delivery guy. All joking aside,I'm lucky, I have a husband who is happy if I'm happy, Happy wife, Happy life is his motto, but my first husband was the kind of controlling person, who could turn violent if you didn't ask permission before you did anything, and I pray that nobody on here is in that position.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:44 PM

notmorecreat, I am lucky too and I know there are a lot of women and quilters that are not so lucky. I bought a new toy today, a White 1913 treadle. It is in great shape but needs cleaned and oiled then I am set to go. Was owned by a lady that always made her own cloths, now she is using a featherweight. I shall enjoy it. My dh just helped me move furniture over so I could move it in, he does not mind as long as he can get to the couch!lol Hope everyone had a great 4th.