Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you? >

Do you?

Do you?

Old 12-18-2011, 03:43 PM

Default Do you?

do you put your sewing away for the week before Christmas, I was thinking of doing that so I could at least get my other work done, haven't even started my baking yet!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:47 PM

I don't put my things away until a couple of days before Christmas. .... and I'll have it back out working on some quilt project as soon as the guests leave...... Christmas comes once a year...... quilting is my daily fix!!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:52 PM

Nah, but I have a sewing studio.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Banned

Never put mine away. I have a separate quilt studio. Plus I'll still be quilting on Christmas eve day! I do clean it up after each project or when customers are coming.

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry
Old 12-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

My sewing nook is in our second family room that we don't use for Christmas. If anyone wants to look at my machine they are welcome but I don't put it away EVER. If I have children over I put the child gate up to bar their entrance. There are too many dangerous things in my sewing nook for kids to touch.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:09 PM

I don't have a choice- My stuff gets put away when hubby is home- I get to sew only when he is away for work. I do not have a sewing room. When he is gone I leave it all out in my kitchen on my portable tables. I hope by early spring the house will be done then I can have my sewing stuff set up in the guest room. Hubby bought me a sewing cabinet for Christmas so that will help a lot!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:09 PM

I have to since my sewing room is also our guest room. We had our Christmas with DD and her family from out of town this week-end. I kept sewing (an apron) right until the last minute, then had to put everything away, a big job. It does always make me feel a little anxious to have to put it all away! But then once they were here they wanted me to sew badges on some uniforms they brought along! Then had to dig through and move all of their stuff to get my machine out again. Anyway, it was fun and they turned out nice. It's always OK once they get here, don't miss my sewing then. Plus DGS loved his 3D fabric pillow case I made for him. Great week-end.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:14 PM

I don't put maine away . I do have a seperate sewing studio. If I did put it away ... I just know there would be a seam/tear/rip or some last minute mending that just had to be done.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:18 PM

No, I don't put it away. I just go and do the other things that need to be done and know that it is waiting patiently for me. It is good to take a break from it and think about up coming projects. The great smell of baking will make up for the "no sewing" time (smile). Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:21 PM

I put it away when I need the dinning room table.