Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you? >

Do you?

Do you?

Old 12-19-2011, 04:46 AM

I have a separate room that is also my office so I'll just shut the door.

mltquilt
Old 12-19-2011, 05:37 AM

I have taken over a spare bedroom, so I can just close the door if necessary. Other years I've just not sewn the month of Dec., but this year I've con't. to work on a couple quilting projects and made some gifts as well. As of right now, I finished the last pillowcases last night so all my sewn gifts are finished and only 3 things left to wrap. Woohoo!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 AM

I have a seperate sewing space and never put it away. I have also decided to not do any Christmas baking this year. I have been trying to watch what I eat and decided that no one needs the extra calories in my house so I will sew instead of baking this week.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:43 AM
KR

My sewing room started out as our guest room. We recently traded the sofa bed in there for a blow up bed, freeing up a lot of space to work in. No guests for Christmas this year and we're going to relatives' for dinner, so the answer is "no," my sewing things won't get put away. Actually, I just sandwiched a quilt yesterday so this week will get started on the quilting.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:08 AM

I have a seperate studio so it never gets put away besides I will be using it I am sure. My hide-a-way.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:36 AM

I don't have to put mine away as it is on the third floor, no man's land Besides, that might be the day my daughter brings me something to sew.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:44 AM

No, my sewing stays out, of course it does help that my sewing room, as such, is in a separate building.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:46 AM

I will not need to this year - Thanksgiving was when it was all put away. We have a 5 bedroom house, but it is all full so I use the kitchen table for sewing, the kitchen counter for cutting and the diningroom table gathers what is being used at the moment. I store fabric in the pantry, upstairs bookshelves have the books, magazines and other supplies another room closet has some of my UFO's. The garage has fabric in various cupboards and plastic storage bins I have gathered. Plastic tubs and drawers are filled. I only started this four years ago. I like sewing in the kitchen the hub of activity is just fine, if I had my own room I would feel isolated. As it is, hubby spends most of his time in what I call his man cave. That room filled with computers and a TV. The one thing I wish is that the house was on one level, too many stairs to navigate. Oh, I have the ironing board up in one of the bedrooms, so that is another place used in my quilting. I think I should have taken up another passion in retirement - like knitting. It wouldn't require so much space.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:47 AM

I don't put it away, but I fortunate to have a separate room for sewing. Yesterday, the only sewing I got done was two inches of hand-sewn binding. The project will be there if I pop in for another 3 inches each day this week.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 AM

I live alone so my home is my studio. I intended to use a room in the basement as my sewing room but I don't like it down there all alone. I love to sew in the bedroom I set up for my mother. She is 94 and no longer sleeps over for fear of falling but she always makes sure the room is the way she likes it so I have to put everything up before she comes. I use my island in the kitchen as a cutting space and it is just the right height to work around. I have recently started cutting out several quilts at a time and "kitting" them...this makes clean up a lot easier. I have about 8 kits done right now to begin the year. I have put up all but some handwork which I keep in the den and work on while I watch TV. My Christmas sewing is all done and I am enjoying this week as a little break. I am having a few in for dinner on Christmas Eve and then will go to my son's for Christmas day after I go pick up my mother.