Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you? >

Do you?

Do you?

Old 12-18-2011, 04:26 PM

I just pile everything into the sewing room (I usually spread all over the downstairs), but I kind of do it just a couple of days before the family is due to arrive (they come up the day before Christmas) and I always have last minute sewing to do (sigh...)
Old 12-18-2011, 04:28 PM

My sewing room is my guest room so have to put it away but can leave the machine out.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:32 PM

I just try to straighten up the room it's also our computer room so I like to have my stuff put together but not far away. I have a desk for tools and stuff and the fabric I'm working on depends on how big where I put it sometimes on the GBR bed so it doesn't get all mangled up. Hate to put everything away. Merry Xmas all. Sue
Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 PM

I live alone and my tiny 1 bedroom apt is my studio ! Actually, I sew on the table in the living room and am lucky enough to have a separate "sun room" that I cut, iron and store things in, but it has a door where I can close it off when it isn't in use. Since it isn't "conditioned" and this time of year I usually keep the door closed unless I'm working in there. For whatever reason, and I just don't know why, my sewing hasn't spilled over to my bedroom. I did use my queen size bed to lay out a quilt top with backing and batting and baste it. (Actually, there is a sewing machine stored in the bedroom between a love seat and the wall.. ....) My "cutting table" is an old table top that I have a mat on; it is small and I'm forever having to move stuff around so I can use the entire top for cutting. My "dining" table is a small round top and it has at least one sewing machine on it and isn't conducive to cutting.

I'm not hosting any Christmas get togethers so it doesn't matter. I did have folks over for Thanksgiving and it did take me a while to get sewing machines and other sewing stuff put away.....but the funny thing was my guests wanted to see my sewing machine and works in progress !!!

Years back when I was married and we had a big 2 story 4 bedroom house, I had a sewing room upstairs and it was easy to just leave it.....but oh, would I rather have that house back AND the marriage, OR, my little 1 bedroom and peace !!! Thoughts to ponder !
Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by johanka View Post
I put it away when I need the dinning room table.
Me too. I'm having 12 for Christmas Eve dinner.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all.

Last edited by gramajo; 12-18-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: can't spell lol
Old 12-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

I can shut my sewing room door and leave everything just as it is. I enjoy being in my sewing room more during the holidays! Too much togetherness gets on my nerves.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 12-18-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:17 PM

my stuff stays out year round...but it's in a separate room....so I can close the door.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

My sewing room is also a bedroom when we have more than two people stay over. So the room is picked up and things like rotary and pins are put away when the grandchildren sleep in that room. Otherwise it is just a sewing room and it definatly looks like one things also go on the futon - how does that happen? lol
Old 12-19-2011, 04:21 AM

Yep, my sewing room used to be the attached garage. It will rearranged tomarrow and made into the buffet room. Cutting table will be moved into the living/dining room for more seating, all other tables in the sewing room will hold the food and drinks. My youngest son is here to help me move things around so that my machines will be no where near anything that could cause damage.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:37 AM

Yep, I'm one of those for whom the dining room table is the studio so it has to get packed up. It will be back out the day after Christmas :-)

Peace & love, Holly