Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone have a Brother Innovis 4000D embrodiery machine >

Does anyone have a Brother Innovis 4000D embrodiery machine

Does anyone have a Brother Innovis 4000D embrodiery machine

Old 10-01-2015, 12:41 AM
Gay

jdstacey - all you need to do is - drop the feed dogs - set the needle in the centre position - stitch length on 0. If you have an open toe foot, use it, or you might find the embroidery foot will help. Until you get used to free motion just take it steady or you will have rather long stitches.

newborn - I have a 4000, no Disney, and love it. I'm told I wouldn't get $2000 if I sold it, and I think there is a new model out very similar, with a couple of new bells and whistles for $4000. Of course that's Auzzie prices. I believe the 4000D will give you a few more good years yet
Old 10-01-2015, 04:38 AM

I had a 4000D about 9 years ago. Traded it for the Brother Quattro, which was then traded last fall for the Baby Lock Destiny. I have met the present owner of my old 4000D and it is still running like a dream. I used that machine every day. Never had a problem with it. I had "traders remorse" after I gave it up for the Quattro. I have had both Brother and Baby Lock machines for well over 25 years and have only had one major issue and Brother covered that situation under its warranty. (That was with my 2300). In fact, when it came back from the factory, the computer had been updated and they replace the cover. I swear I could run bailing twine in both my Quattro and the 4000d! The 4000d was one of the quietest machines I have owned. I sewed every type of fabric you could imagine including balsa wood! Yep, sewed like butter. I have no diva machines in my sewing room, they are purchased as tools to use in my craft and I accept nothing less. You will not be disappointed.