Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this bother anyone else or is it just me

I found a quilt kit i want to buy it's $75.00 but it does not include the pattern, i have to spend another $25.00 to buy a book that has the pattern. Why don't they include the pattern with the kit, i don't understand.

at $75 I would not buy it unless it had the pattern with it. Boy any thing to get our money

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Most places do include the pattern and everything you need. If they are using this to make more money then I am sure there is a reason (?) although not a good one IMHO. LOL. YOu could always find the pattern yourself, not in the book maybe or check at Halfprice books, Amazon etc for a softy used book. Hope you find it. They must be the same who did the kit as wrote the book. Money issue???? Only other thing to so is to buy a kit you love also that has it all. Prices are so high now. I'm sure someone here will post the sites you can get it all and at great prices. I know of Stichin' Heaven and Fabric Cafe. Good luck. HUGS♥♥

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I would pass on it. That's crazy!!

How many total yards of fabric are included in the kit? Does it come close to the fabric price?

I agree in general though, what's a "kit" without the instructions. Include it all in one price.

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
    How many total yards of fabric are included in the kit? Does it come close to the fabric price?

I agree in general though, what's a "kit" without the instructions. Include it all in one price.
    ditto! and I have found amazing buys on Amazon for quilt books etc. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by denilynne
    I found a quilt kit i want to buy it's $75.00 but it does not include the pattern, i have to spend another $25.00 to buy a book that has the pattern. Why don't they include the pattern with the kit, i don't understand.
    I know how strapped everyone is. My guess (which is just an un-educated one) is if the pattern is included in a book with other patterns, then they can't make copies of just that pattern. I also believe they buy books from different suppliers than they buy fabrics.

I hope that you can do as Debbie suggested and see if you could find the book through a less expensive source.

The pattern is not available unless i buy the book, i wrote to the company and ask them, they said nope gotta buy the book, so unless i can find the book cheaper or figure out the pattern myself guess i'll have to wait on this one.

I don't understand why a kit would be $75 and doesn't INCLUDE the pattern. I'd rather buy the pattern and not the kit or if the pattern is in a book, I'd buy the book.

I hate how expensive kits are. I have seen so many that I would love to have but I think it would be cheaper to buy everything seperatly. Am I wrong?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast