Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH come with you on shop hops? >

Does your DH come with you on shop hops?

Does your DH come with you on shop hops?

Old 10-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Mine has a fit about even stopping at ONE quilt shop.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:21 AM

Orangeroom, thanks for the question! I quilt, my wife does scrapbooking/cards and now in thinking about it I find that I'm less enthused about looking at paper, dies and trims than I would want her to be enthused about FABRIC! I will keep this in mind on our next trip to Michael's or one of the few remaining scrapbook shops!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:53 AM

No, but I prefer to shop alone. If we go to a quilting convention that isn't nearby, he goes.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:02 AM

My husband has done both. I usually prefer to go shopping without him because I like to dawdle when I'm in a fabric store, and he likes to "get in and out" as he refers to it. I do not like being rushed. I don't know about the rest of you, but I love going in a fabric store as much as I used to love going in a toy store when I was a child.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:28 AM

I have gone with a friend a few times and her DH drives us every year for shop hop. He finds it fun to just to come along and the conversation with him in the car makes it a blast.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:28 AM

The last few vacations we've made a point of stopping at several quilt shops and I really feel it broadened my quilting horizons. It was nice to go to shops in completely different parts of the country. That's really about the only time.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:02 PM

Not on a true shop hop where it's shops only. But like others when we travel close to one we stop. I appreciate shops that have rockers or front porches for the guys to hang out while the quilters shop. Sometimes, it's a wife that is not the quilter and she will be out there. It makes a great travel break. But then I am not an hour long shopper. I scan, choose and out in about 30 minutes.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:03 PM

Just last week, we were on vacation and took the ferry to Bainbridge Island. I found a fabric store...and well, of COURSE I had to go in! DH followed me. ::::: He lasted about 3 mins before he went out to find a cup of coffee. I did come out with some souvenir fabric. When found him across the street with his coffee, I discovered he was sitting in front of a YARN shop...he neglected to tell me and got in trouble! (Oh and a skein of souvenir yarn followed me back on the ferry too!)
Old 09-15-2017, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

My husband can find anyplace on any map. I can't to save my life. Whenever we go out of town he finds a quilt shop for me to visit. Sometimes he comes in, sometimes not, but he never rushes me. He's a good sport!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:37 PM

When we travel mine goes to the quilt stores with me. He spends more than I do. He finds all sorts of things I can make for him. He loves Hancocks of Paducah but then who doesn't. He still talks about Missouri Star Quilt Company and Hamilton MO. He loved the building just for non sewing spouses (pool table, tv, comfy seating). We try to find a model train store for him but they are harder to find than quilt stores.