Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH come with you on shop hops? >

Does your DH come with you on shop hops?

Does your DH come with you on shop hops?

Old 10-04-2016, 08:56 AM

Well I haven't been on shop hops but hubby doesn't mind going with me. In fact, on vacation, we found a little shop and he wandered around with me. On the way home, we stopped at MSQC, which has a "man cave" for those who wait while their spouses shop. I show it to him but he declined staying there and went to all the shops with me. He is always very encouraging of my quilting pursuits. I'm a lucky gal!
Old 10-04-2016, 10:14 AM

My husband has no problem going with me. He usually gets to talking sewing machines with someone, and he helps hold fabric bolts for me while I'm shopping. The first time we visited MSQC I found him in the back room discussing vintage irons with Jenny Doan (he had no idea who she was LOL!!). The next time we went, he ended up getting a tour of some of the areas still under construction. He also loves trying out sewing machines if they have some set up.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Only if he needs something will he go to a fabric shop, like headliner for his truck.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:34 PM

I am sad to say that my DH has a better sense of color than I do! He also is more adventuresome with colors while I have a tendency to do same old/same old. If I am buying specifically for a quilt, I really like to have him go with me. We do frequently stop by shops while traveling, but I am not a person who wants a stash. I am far too much of a minimalist! He is also knowledgeable about my sewing machines, and he will definitely look at machines.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
No. I can drive myself to shop. He can come if he wants same as I could go with him to the sports, hardware, building, tractor, and gun shops which he drives himself to. We both decline and say have a good time. LOL
Haha!! Hubby seldom goes with me to the fabric store, but I nearly always go with him to all the places you listed - I have my own guns, my own tractors, and hardware stores are great places for "quilting tools".
Old 10-05-2016, 03:22 AM

Haven't been on any shop hops but he takes me to quilts shows and to all different shops for the row by row. He does go in to the shows with me. He enjoys seeing all the hard work that quilters do. My quilting buddy lives in Germany and come here every other year so I usually don't have anyone else to go with. Daughters are not interested.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:53 AM

My husband goes with me sometimes. He is better at picking out colors than I am. He loves it. Wish he would start quilting, but then I would have to share my sewing machine. He has made western shirts and a coat when he was sick and couldn't work.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:26 AM

My hubby didn't know a thing about sewing/quilts-or my addicted to fabric & vintage machines-he gladly goes unless its a bunch of us ladies going-then he tells me have a good time. I have to be careful on saying what i want because he will somehow find away to get it for me-yep he is a keeper.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:23 AM

My DH went with me for the "Row by Row" shop hop. He had a good time--he likes to talk with the shop owners and is good for my ego. He brags about my latest quilt project--if he has noticed it. lol Sometimes he doesn't pay any attention, then other times he is right there checking my progress. He is retired and sometimes bored since he doesn't have any hobbies.
Sue
Old 10-05-2016, 08:12 AM

My Dh would be asking me if I really needed to buy that? So, no,he doesn't go on shop hops with me.
Years ago I made the mistake of taking him to a local quilt show with the kids. He kept telling the kids to go find me and ask me what I was buying now. I finally gave up after about an hour and said it was time to go home.