I know there's a thread for vintage machines but it's about eleventy billion pages long and I can't look at them all. So if anyone knows these or knows what page of that mammoth thread they're on:
1. can I use the oil that joann's sells?
2. should I open up the motor cover and check the wiring? in my reading, I've read about people getting shocked and since I am hoping to teach my 13 yo on this, I don't want her (or me) getting shocked. If I should, what do I look for?
3. can it sew through denim? What about 2 layers of cotton plus a layer of warm & natural?
4. I've read that some lube the motor and some don't. Some say that lubing too much makes the wiring insulation rot away. What do you do?
5. what brand of needles do you use in it? What kind of thread?
6. how do you know your seam allowance? Moleskin? Dr. Scholls? Is there an easy procedure to put those on in the correct place?
I may think of more later. I did order the Singer Featherweight & I book but won't get it for a week or so. thanks!