Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Flannel Sheets- It's not my imagination! >

Flannel Sheets- It's not my imagination!

Flannel Sheets- It's not my imagination!

Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 AM

I absolutely love Costco flannel sheets! They are so thick, soft and cozy, they wash and dry beautifully. Made in Portugal - I was looking at the LL Bean catalogue and their sheets are also made in Portugal - I am sure they are the same manufacturer.

Unfortunately you have to buy a set and I know you are looking for singles - I wouldn't even bother with Sears, Zellers or Wallies - you might luck out at Winners or one of the other home stores and get a quality single.

J
Old 02-01-2012, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnye View Post
Try The Vermont Country Store at www.VermontCountryStore.com or 802.776.5710 and I am NOT associated with them in any way. Some of the things they have will take you back! Some are quite amazing and unique in today's time.
What a great site. I went looking for flannel sheets and found things I hadn't thought of in a long time.. I remember the Jubilee Kitchen Wax, and loved it. It made everything in the kitchen look like new again, and it smelled so good! I didn't use the Lifebuoy Soap, because it had a pretty strong smell, but it takes me back!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:07 AM

I like Lands End or LL Bean - they are expensive but they last forever and they are soft forever. Also, Lands End has a return policy - if you don't like something for any reason you can return and get a replacement or money back - even if you washed it and don't like the way its wearing. Now you have given me a great idea.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I too have noticed the quality going down in fabric. Have you tried to find a good quality muslin lately? They go from canvas like to too thin with nothing I like in between. I have switched to white on whites or whilte on creams for my Red Work. The flannel seems nice when you buy it but pills when washed. There doesn't seem to be any way to tell in advance. This was good LQS flannel that pilled the last baby quilt I did. Good luck on your quest!
I have recently been on a quest for good white muslin for backing and for background for a repro quilt. Non-existant. It is all like cheesecloth. I have given up and started buying white on white also. Not a choice I really wanted, but I am not using crap for either background fabric, or backing.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:53 AM
Banned

I know I'm in GB but Ialways used NAPGUARD make, they still do them ,think some now have poly in them for cheapness .
Old 02-01-2012, 06:43 AM

I've bought Woolrich flannel sheets at Target and they seem to be OK. Seems to me they are a little thicker than others.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:45 AM

I just got clearance regular 150 bucks for 45 bucks (king size) from khols They are unbeleiveable! They are plaids in reds or blues but they are so nice I didn't care about the colors!
Old 02-01-2012, 07:09 AM

Thnak you for the site it is a great one
Old 02-01-2012, 07:54 AM

When you are looking for flannel sheets or flannnel shirts look for the 100% cotton and made in Portugal. The flannel is alway nice. Don't forget thrift stores, they are a good source. If the sheets still look and feel nice, then they are a huge bargain when you calculate the price per yard.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 AM

I like Land's End flannel sheets, though I have not had any new ones for years and so can't comment on current quality. But the nice thing is they list the weight of the flannel in their catalog. I've never really known what 5 oz. and 7 oz. refer to (weight of a square yard? of a yard at full width? not sure), but they are heavier than any other I have ever found.