Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Foot Pedal >

Foot Pedal

Foot Pedal

Old 10-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Mine is angled toward me. It doesn't slip as much that way. When I used it the other way it kept slipping away from me.
Try putting some of that rubber cabinet "shelf paper" made by rubbermaid underneath. Helps with the slippage.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by donkeyed
I use mine in a VERY unique way. I don't have the use of my feet. mine is attached to my sewing table so I can use my knee to control it. My husband laughed when he first seen what I did, but I wasn't about to give up sewing just because I couldn't use my feet. I actually found that I liked it better this way much easier to control and not as tiring.
I used to have a Singer Golden Touch & Sew 640. It was in a wonderful desk/cabinet. The foot pedal fitted into a holder to the right underneath the opening for you to sit. There was a bar that hung down against which you pressed your knee. This was a wonderful way to sew. I loved that machine to death as it's regular sewing foot was a perfect 1/4". Now, the regular feet are wider. It was a slant style or I would have kept the foot for my next machine. I went through a boatload of junky machines before falling in love with my first Janome. Now I have the Janome 6600 & I still keep trying to use the knee lif bar to make the machine sew! :)
Old 10-26-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
How did you attach the pedal to the sewing machine so it doesn't slip off? I would rather have mine up too.
I took the pedal apart and screwed the base to the leg of my sewing table, then reassembled it. there were even holes already in the base that worked great. My sister copied my idea but she was afraid to take it apart so she glued velcro to the bottom of the foot pedal and the matching piece to the table leg. her way works great then if she needs to take her machine to class she can. and the velcro helps with the sliding problem also.