Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Foot Pedal

Blog Entries
    My sewing machine's food pedal is angled. From most pictures I've seen, people use them from the side that has their foot pointed up. I use mine the other way around. I find that mine doesn't slide around as much that way. What do you guys do?

Blog Entries
    I have used them with my foot angled up, down, I have even placed it under my thighs when I was having back problems LMBO Whatever works, right? :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    My machine has a start/stop button. I am trying to get used to it but so far, I'm chasing the pedal. I am also trying to learn to use the knee lift. A gal at the class the other day told me that I need to use my left foot for the gas so I can knee lift with my righ. It's like learning to drive the stick shift all over again.

Blog Entries
    I use mine in a VERY unique way. I don't have the use of my feet. mine is attached to my sewing table so I can use my knee to control it. My husband laughed when he first seen what I did, but I wasn't about to give up sewing just because I couldn't use my feet. I actually found that I liked it better this way much easier to control and not as tiring.

Good idea, donkeyed! That would be less tiring that using a foot. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Wow this has been my one concern there will be a day when I will no longer be able to use the lower half of my body and thought I would not be able to quilt anymore!! Thank you so much for giving me hope!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyed
    I use mine in a VERY unique way. I don't have the use of my feet. mine is attached to my sewing table so I can use my knee to control it. My husband laughed when he first seen what I did, but I wasn't about to give up sewing just because I couldn't use my feet. I actually found that I liked it better this way much easier to control and not as tiring.

Mine is angled toward me. It doesn't slip as much that way. When I used it the other way it kept slipping away from me.

JT
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyed
    That's the way the sewing machines used to be in cabinets. The first machine I had, had a knee control lever. What goes around, comes around...... :)

How did you attach the pedal to the sewing machine so it doesn't slip off? I would rather have mine up too.

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    My machine has a start/stop button. I am trying to get used to it but so far, I'm chasing the pedal. I am also trying to learn to use the knee lift. A gal at the class the other day told me that I need to use my left foot for the gas so I can knee lift with my righ. It's like learning to drive the stick shift all over again.
    Do you mean a knee lift that lifts your presser foot? If I tried using my left for the pedal and right for the knee lift I would have a rough time, cause you don't usually sew when the presser foot is up. I think you will do fine using your right foot for the gas and right knee for the lifter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast