Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Garage Sale Score! >

Garage Sale Score!

Garage Sale Score!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 AM

I have had no problems with JoAnn's. The salespeople there are just the nicest I have had waiting on me.
Congrats on the good yard sale find.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Originally Posted by LovinMySoldier
Not to bash on Joann's or anything but when I was there earlier this week the lady in front of me wanted to return an opened paint set that she bought (I believe that is what it was). She did not have her receipt. She wasn't asking for her money back just to exchange it for a different one. And they told her NO. No returns or exchanges without a receipt! They told her that she could return it and in 8 weeks roughly she would get a refund check in the mail! I couldn't believe it. Better keep those receipts Joann's shoppers :)
I'm confused. First you say they told her NO returns without a receipt, then you say they said she COULD return it and receive a refund in 8 weeks.

Even if a store is the only one of it's kind and the item was clearly purchased from them, they still don't have to accept it back without a receipt because they don't know when (or if) it was purchased and at what price. If it was bought on sale (or stolen), they shouldn't have to "assume" the loss of a full price refund.
Yeah she said No first. Then later told her she could give the item back today but they would have to send the money back today. I guess I just didn't see the harm in making the exchange if it was almost the exact same item, and unopened. Too many dishonest people in the world today.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

What great finds!!! Happy Cutting :D:D:D
Old 10-09-2010, 09:57 AM

great find...and I bought a paper pack(for scrapbooking) at Joanns. Got it home and found that someone had taken out all the stickers and velum paper out of it. I took it back with the reciept and asked to just exchange it for one that has all the stuff in it and they told me that because it wasn't on sale anymore that I'd have to pay full price for it. Now it was on sale at half off when I bought it and they wanted me to pay another $9 to just exchange it for a new one. I was not happy about that and just took my old one back and stormed outta there. That was the only problem I've ever had with them. I'm just careful to check everything before I buy it.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:34 PM

I do like JoAnns because overall they have a good variety and their prices are reasonable especially with sales.

I did have a problem 2 days ago, however, when I tried to make a purchase for my DD.
I bought a piece of fabric with my coupon from my flyer and then asked to make a separate purchase of a pack of needles for my DD using her flyer's coupon. The sales clerk would not let me do the second purchase using the coupon stating that I am only allowed one coupon purchase per day. My DDs flyer has a separate address and name on it - I was doing her a favor buying the needles to save her a trip out. I asked the clerk that if I left the store and came back in to make the purchase using the new flyer if it would be accepted and she said no, that I could not use another flyer because she knows I've already made a purchase using a coupon that day.
I have never had this happen before, especially for a separate purchase and separate flyer - I know that I will definitely not go back to that specific JoAnns again and will go to others that are easier to purchase from.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

What a great find!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:01 PM

Uh-Oh, somebody changed my title. I guess it wasn't appropriate (TAKE THAT JoAnn's). :oops:
Old 10-09-2010, 06:42 PM

Oops really sorry did't mean to high jack your thread- just had to tell what happened to me.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl
Oops really sorry did't mean to high jack your thread- just had to tell what happened to me.
No need for an apology costumegirl, I wasn't talking about the thread changing. This thread actually had a different title. It started out 'TAKE THAT JoANN's', but was changed to read 'Garage Sale Score' by one of the moderators or adm. At least I could have been notified of the reason so I could change 'my own' title. :hunf:

I know, small potatoes but... :hunf:
Old 10-10-2010, 08:25 AM
dls

The shape cutter is a great tool