Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: A gentle discussion about $ for long arm quilting

:-) :-)

I have not had problem with my pricing for quilting.
    I charge 1.5 PSI for freehand or panto. 3. for custom. I offer batting and do very few quilts using clients batting.Customers seem to enjoy not having to purchase batting.

Piece........

:mrgreen:

I think I am green with envy.

Congrats and keep on quilting!

:lol:

Hi,

Just thought I would throw in my two cents to give you all some perspective. I am a hand quilter for hire. My rates start at $.10 a square inch and go up. I also charge for marking, and binding. It can take me up to three or four months to do a queen size quilt so you wouldn't want to pay me by the hour.
    I have a friend who charges double what I do. She has done several raffle quilts that have brought in lots of money for various guilds etc.

I have two large hoops, a Hintenberg and a Grace. At times I have a quilt going on both frames. One upstairs and one down.

My best customer was a local woman who owns a custom framing business. She inherited about a dozen tops from her grandmother. In the last three years I have quilted all of them for her. She was trained as a musuem curator and she was thrilled with my work. You should see her home. She had all special window glass installed to protect her antiques from sun damage.

I do believe that hand quilter do not get paid enough!!!!

:D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5