Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Give Me the Dumbest Quilter Award

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Give Me the Dumbest Quilter Award

FMQ is not my thing, but I keep trying. Some days I seem to be getting better. Not today. Today I'm trying to FMQ a string quilt. Everything is going wrong. I rethread everything. I change tension. I generally futz around. Finally, things seem a bit better. I actually do 3 blocks that don't look too bad. Somehow I break a needle. It gets stuck in the machine. After several minutes, I get everything out and reattach the foot. I decide I need a break. As I set here on the computer, I look at my machine and what do I see?!?!?

I have been attempting FMQ with a straight stitch foot! Good grief. Maybe I need a longer break.

OMG That sounds just like me!! I have days like that. LOL

Sounds like one of those moments we all have. I was fussing because the thread kept getting tight and gathering the fabric when I was piecing. Turns out the quilt would bump against the thread cone in the stand next to the machine and the thread could not come off easily. I did the frog stitch (rip-it) and restarted my FMQ.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    a string quilt probably has alot of seams maybe try something that does not have too many seams and see how that goes. You might be surprised

Oh my ...that is funny to read. Not for you I am sure...! Really sounds like something I would do!!!!

Hang in there!!! Take a little break and regroup!!!!

I've done that too! One time I did the reverse, had my quilting foot on trying to sew straight stitching! It was going all over the place! That was a mess!

As Alexander in our little story book in first grade said, "Yes, my mom says some days are like that. Yes they are!" Don't give up. Change your "scenery" for a while and then go back another time.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Try ironing a Frixion pen. Three times....

Well the good news is that there is nothing wrong with your machine or the way you do FMQ.....just need to use the right attachments and I know for a fact that you will never make that mistake again....I speak from experience!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast