Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gloves for FMQ

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am thinking that the FMQ on a larger quilt might be easier if I have these grippy gloves..I was told to get Machingers...but they are no longer available via my distributor.
    Here are my choices..Grabaroos(they are purple), quilter's Nitrile touch(various colors, look like water proof gardening gloves), Ergonomic Sewgrip gloves(look like surgical gloves), and machine quilting Grip gloves..(look knitted with dots on them)

any ideas, suggestions, HELP...thanks

Blog Entries
    I use just a pair of work gloves that have the grippy on them. You can get them at the dollar store. Alot cheaper than the quilting ones.

I think I have used the ones that look like water proof gardening gloves. Someone gave a light weight pair i think may be from Fons and Porter, I like those to.
    Have also used cheap gloves that have the rubber dots ike from a dolllar store or garden center.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    so maybe I should hit the stores tomorrow and see what these feel like on before I order anything particular then???

I have seen the dotted ones and water proof ones...never thought of them for quilting, but might have to try them out...lowes it is then..

Blog Entries
    I have Machingers and really like them. I have also used the really thick knitted looking ones. UGH!! But I have a pair of garden gloves(cheapies) that look like they could get the job done.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I have some Nitrile ones in the green house, but they are thick, almost stiff...not sure I could move in those..they are hard for me to use even in the garden!

I use those finger cots that you get at the stationary store. Gloves bother me--don't know why--just quirky. They come in different sizes and don't make my hands sweat.
    Sue

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
    I use those finger cots that you get at the stationary store. Gloves bother me--don't know why--just quirky. They come in different sizes and don't make my hands sweat.
    Sue
    that is why I have not used gloves thus far...I can't stand the way gloves rub between my fingers..all winter I go without gloves because of this...

bj
    I use gardening gloves. I don't like that I can't pick things up with my fingers very well...I'm thinking of cutting the fingertips out. They were cheapies from Walgreens so it won't be too horrible if it ruins them! I'll look for a replacement pair first, however. :-D :-D

Blog Entries
    I just bought one from Joanns with my 50 percent off coupon. It was 24.00 normal price. There is only one glove, I will give it a try....but my just buy a cheap pair for the other hand.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast