Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going crazy waiting >

Going crazy waiting

Going crazy waiting

Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 PM

Ok, so I'm kinda like the little kid who just can't wait to tell you what your gift is when it comes to gifting quilts. It drives me crazy!!! Once I finish a quilt I want to call the person I made it for and give it to them right away. I have two great nieces which I made quilts for, still waiting to get together with family to give them their new quilts (crazy!). Also a quilt made for my SIL for Christmas, are you kidding me?! I have to wait til Xmas, and to make it worse, she is coming to my house for thanksgiving! I can't stand the waiting , it drives me CRAZY! I know I should just enjoy the time I have with the quilts I make, but I'm so excited thinking about how happy the recipient will be. Anyone else as nuts as me? I can't be alone on my crazy train.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:28 PM

I know what you mean. I LOVE giving, and making quilts for everyone in the family, and about half done and wanted to give them all at the same time. I also LOVE seeing these beautiful quilts, I display them all over my home while I can, and delight in friends comments as they come to visit and catch a glimps of a new project finished. Of course, join the local quilt guild, show & tell, enjoy them while "you" have them...and beam when you give them.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Power Poster

I know what you mean LOL but it is any gift, not just the quilts for me :roll: :D:D:D
Old 11-10-2010, 12:02 AM

One year I made my sister a wallhanging out of fabric that looked like hooked rugs. I couldn't wait to give it to her for Christmas so I gave it to her early. She loved it and took it to her hooking club meetings, and to some retreats. If I had waited till Christmas that year, she would have been snowed in and wouldn't have been able to 'show'n'tell'!!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I know what you mean LOL but it is any gift, not just the quilts for me :roll: :D:D:D
Me too!! :lol: :lol:
Old 11-10-2010, 04:47 AM

Is there a reason we can not give gifts early? I know it would be nice to give a gift early with the understanding that it was her Christmas gift, and let her use it and show it off. I personally think that getting a gift every know and then is better than many at one time. Each one means more if they are received one at a time. This is just my opionion.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:50 AM

jbud, that wallhanging idea sounds neat. Any idea where a pattern like that might be...hooked rugs and quilting. Sounds very interesting!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:53 AM

I also love giving my quilts and home made gifts to friends and family. But I personally like to keep them for a while especially if it was alot of work. I made my daughter and son in law a double wedding ring quilt when they got married and kept it for a week or so after it was finished. I spent so much time with that quilt during the construction process I felt I needed to enjoy it finished. They were patient and it is now on their bed....
Old 11-10-2010, 04:54 AM

to totally change the topic...you have a newfie? They are beautiful dogs! We have a pyr. I love the giant breeds. Tucker is our 2nd pyr. We lost our first Bandit to a congenital heart disease.....about broke my heart too.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:00 AM

Oh I agree, it is so hard not to give it to them. I made on for my MIL bd (which was 11/8) but I gave in and gave it to her in September. Too funny, she knew it was her bd present, and was happy to have it early.