Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Help...feet won't move and bobbin doesn't turn

Ok, I did it now. Was work on my DD blues quilt, and all of a sudden the machine starting knocking, and then she justed stopped, now the pressure feet won't come up or move, and then bobbin doesn't turn. Any suggestions, I have removed bobbin and casing, cleaned and changed the needle, still nothing????

Is everything frozen in place, or can you move the wheel manually? What kind of a machine are you using?

I really can't help other than to say......sorry, and you sure there is nothing caught in the feet somewhere under the plate? Turn the wheel back and forth while watching what is going on....

Blog Entries
    If its a FW you have thread behind the bobbin casing. If its not a FW??????

Quote Originally Posted by walen
    Is everything frozen in place, or can you move the wheel manually? What kind of a machine are you using?
    Singer 7469Q:

Needle goes up and down, acts normal except it will not pick up bobbin thread and the bobbin doesn't spin as required. I have checked to make sure I have it switched up drom FMQ mode, so the pressure feet sould come up, but don't. And there is nothing (at least that I can find) under the bobbin, bobbin casing, and I have also checked in the trap door to see if anything is hung up there, still nothing.

Did you set the tension back to what it was before you were FMQ? Because when I FMQ I set tension to ZERO.

yep tried that also.....worse yet the machine is less than 9 months old....so frustrated.

Hmmm... don't know what it could be then....hopefully someone will come along here that maybe has had this problem to help you out....Sorry I couldn't help more.

Is everything oiled?

I bought a sewing machine at a yard sale, and nothing would turn. I oiled it really good, and works like a dream now.

Banned
    Sounds like it jumped time and then stripped some gears. I hope not but anytime a machine makes all that kind of racket its never good.

Billy

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast