Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help...feet won't move and bobbin doesn't turn

I hope so, nothing is made like it used to be. I have a fw221, still works like a dream, a 99K and treadle-love them guess I will be using them while this one is away. Sad thing is, I only use this machine for piecing and binding. Brought the brother out to do the backing of CWIP, which I generally save for embroidery. Hope they don't have it long. I really like it, but with all of the plastic, maybe I should use the 99K instead to piece, I would hate to have to pull the Juki off the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by pstoner
    Ok, I did it now. Was work on my DD blues quilt, and all of a sudden the machine starting knocking, and then she justed stopped, now the pressure feet won't come up or move, and then bobbin doesn't turn. Any suggestions, I have removed bobbin and casing, cleaned and changed the needle, still nothing????
    Well, took my machine into the service center, repair man said that the belt either broke or came off (sounded like this is a common occurance), he would have to crack her case open and then would call if anything else is wrong. Sounds like an easy fix. Hooray. She should be home in less than two weeks.

Banned
    Oh thats sounds a lot better than what I was thinking it could have been. I hope that is all that there is to it and you can have it up and running in no time!!

Billy

Something similar happened to me on my Janome 11000SE and I was in a panic. I took it in to the repair person. She oiled it and said the wick was missing (that's the little piece of fuzz that looks like lint in the bottom of your bobbin area). Now it works fine.

Banned
    go on line and find a group for your brand of machine and post the question. In most cases there will be someone with the answer.
    I don't read above where you said what machine you have.

Yeah, my baby is done and I can pick her up on Saturday. It will be a big push on Saturday but I have to have it back...I miss her so much. Besides I have been piecing a top on my brother, but it's somehow just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pstoner
    Yeah, my baby is done and I can pick her up on Saturday. It will be a big push on Saturday but I have to have it back...I miss her so much. Besides I have been piecing a top on my brother, but it's somehow just not the same.
    Well, she's home...all that was wrong with it was the screws inside were loose and caused it to jump timing. But it was covered under warranty. I am so happy to have her home, have to take DH out to dinner with the kids for his BD but she will be back to work later/tomorrow.

I am so glad it was a simple fix. There's nothing more frustrating than not knowing what's wrong and how to fix it. I'm glad you're back in business:-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2