Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help finding pattern

After spending more money than I wanted to on cheapy gloves, as good ones were ridiculous, I thought I would pose a question here.

I am looking for a pattern to make a fleece hat that would extend down around the ears. I'd also like to make fleece gloves and scarves for my kids. One of my sons has a rather large head and those one size fits most covers the top of his head only and he looks kinda silly.

I have only started venturing into the sewing world as I've only ever been a quilter. Is it possible to make gloves or do you think they'd be a pain in the neck? I figure fleece would be good and warm and it does ravel.

I was able to get a fleece hat that has these little ear flaps for my youngest. I'd love to get my hands on a pattern to make those. I was thinking about taking it apart and using it as a template, but with my older kids, the hat would be too small.

Thanks in advance!

Melissa

Blog Entries
    All the major pattern companies ( simplicity, mc calls ect) have fleece accessory patterns. You can look on line or better yet go to joann's and look at the pattern books. I can't remember if they have any gloves, but they do have mitten patterns.

Blog Entries
    if you have a hat that sorta fits your sons head open it up and start adding to it until it fits and go from there with a new pattern. just a thought.
    sandra

Blog Entries
    I've got a polar fleece book with patterns in it.
    I think gloves are more trouble than they're worth. I make mittens.
    There are several hats.You can easily make a hat to fit your son.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    All the major pattern companies ( simplicity, mc calls ect) have fleece accessory patterns. You can look on line or better yet go to joann's and look at the pattern books. I can't remember if they have any gloves, but they do have mitten patterns.
    i have one of these commercial patterns and they are easy to adjust sizes

Blog Entries
    Gloves :thumbdown: Too much time and bother for the price they can be purchased. Hats and scraves :thumbup: Easy and can be fit to order. I know the major pattern companies have one with ear covers because I have one.

I agree. Gloves are too much trouble. Hats, scarfs, mittens, those are do-able.

I made a scarf last year for my son out of t shirts..if that helps your thought process any.. Went together in a snap and was very warm but not bulky.

Hi Melissa,

I'm so glad I read your post. I have a pattern for fleece hats which I got because my husband has a big head! I've never used it and I was going to list it as a Pay It Forward tonight. If you PM me with your address I'll be more than happy to send it to you. I think it will fill the bill.

Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by LyndaOH
    Hi Melissa,

I'm so glad I read your post. I have a pattern for fleece hats which I got because my husband has a big head! I've never used it and I was going to list it as a Pay It Forward tonight. If you PM me with your address I'll be more than happy to send it to you. I think it will fill the bill.

Lynda
    Oh that is wonderful, thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast