Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help finding pattern >

Help finding pattern

Help finding pattern

Old 10-21-2011, 06:33 AM

No pattern needed for gloves or mittens. Trace around person's hand. Add seam allowance. Sew together. Done. easy with fleece.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:04 AM

I didn't even think about that with fleece. I'd probably have to add quite a bit for the seam allowance and what my son calls "the squishy factor". It's the amount of room inside a garment/quilt you need to squish around in. I love the name he gives stuff.

I wonder if I made mittens if he'd be willing to wear the cheapy gloves under them. He can't tolerate it when his skin is cold, so it's difficult for him to wear mittens. I bet my other ones would though!

Thanks again!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:56 AM

For the mittins what about those using wool sweaters from the thrift store? I know its lots of trouble, however I was thinking about tracing around my hand and using the sleeve cuff as the ribbing at the wrist. I did those with the fleece lining and the seam in the palms..........too much work.........but they are warm so for a loved one might be worth it...........
Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH
Hi Melissa,

I'm so glad I read your post. I have a pattern for fleece hats which I got because my husband has a big head! I've never used it and I was going to list it as a Pay It Forward tonight. If you PM me with your address I'll be more than happy to send it to you. I think it will fill the bill.

Lynda
Lynda, you are a real sweetheart!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by calla
For the mittins what about those using wool sweaters from the thrift store? I know its lots of trouble, however I was thinking about tracing around my hand and using the sleeve cuff as the ribbing at the wrist. I did those with the fleece lining and the seam in the palms..........too much work.........but they are warm so for a loved one might be worth it...........
I wonder if I could find soft wool somewhere. My son hates scratchy clothes as much as he hates being cold. I've never done gloves or clothes or anything like that. I wouldn't know how to add a seam in the palms.