Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: HELP! I tried ironing waxed paper to fabric so I could print. Paper won't iron on! what went wrong?

Happy Birthday, Miranda :D :D :D
    We know what you are going through. Just remember that you have good friends here that you can visit with a cup of coffee in one hand, a mouse in the other, and hopefully the kids take lots of long naps today. Light yourself a candle. Soon enough, those kids will be grown , and you will wonder how it happened so fast.
    We all love ya. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Sharon, My roommate in Nursing school was from Parkersburg WV. She is not a quilter but lives in Fl now. Janey

Janey, There are a few of us from WV, here on the QB. Parkersburg is close to 2 hours away from where we live in Central WV.
    Small world, really, huh?

I could not get on with waxed paper. Instead I used Bondaweb (thats what it is called here in England). However, one you have ironed fabric onto the Bondaweb you can then put it through the printer. Do trim up the edges first so that it has nice straight edges. After you have printed the fabric, peel of the backing. If desired you coul then iron the printed piece onto another piece of fabric. I found this method good for putting words onto a quilt BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE PRINTED IT IN REVERSE. For this you need to find "T Shirt" print on the printer options. I then cut out each character and ironed in place then stiched round it. Hope this helps.
    Jane

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4