Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: HELP! I tried ironing waxed paper to fabric so I could print. Paper won't iron on! what went wrong?

hmmm, i know where the butler was last night so i know he didn't do it.
    don't just assume he was with me (it was mimisharon) SSHHHHH

Ah, yes. I am the maid around here, and I know it wasn't me. ;)
    It was was the dog. Not my dog, though.

My printer is not a junky HP...I threw both of those out a long time ago! (sorry to those of you owning an HP...Mine were junk! and the HP computer was, too!)
    My printer is a Lexmark X2350 scanner/copier/printer all in one. It only takes one ink cartridge for black and white and/or color printing. The number of the cartridge is simply 1. It's cheaper than the hp was to buy ink for, only about $19 compared to the hp 28 (and the black and white one was 27 or 29?), anyway one of those was $28 at the cheapest.

I could sit here and go on about it all night...but like I've said, I just don't get out enough! You guys are the most conversation I get other than my 4 year old daughter that NEVER shuts up, my 21 month old son, my Mom, and my Hubby. DH isn't home so much...he works too much, but ...you know how that all goes. I usually talk to my Mom twice a day on the phone. I only live about 15 minutes from her. I usually visit her once a week or more in the warmer months. We get some nasty roads around here in the winter. Mom and Dad usually make it to see us once or twice over the weekend.
    BUT...tomorrow is my birthday, and I get to travel for about an hour and a half to go to a health fair for bloodwork, which usually makes me sick. But, I get to go to the MALL afterwords! so, yay. (and that was said sarcastically!) I get so tired of living where there is nothing around! geez. I'm really excited to get to go to AC MOORE tomorrow, though. I can't wait to get some more stableizer and machine embroidery thread for my new BROTHER...
    OK...I'll shut up now.

Miranda,
    You sound like you need a hug! Happy Birthday tomorrow! I hope you find something outlandish while your out "celebrating" with blood work! Yuck!!!
    Talking with a 4 year old all day can be so wearing! and that 21 month old doesn't add much to the deapth of the conversation either, I imagine! My daughter just enrolled her youngest in a 3 hour day care program two days a week just so she can go have coffee with a friend, or shop alone, whatever. Be kind to yourself! Remember you need to take care of you to be a good mom and wife.
    My kids are all grown now but I remember wanting adult time! Even now my sister and I call each other every day and talk for at least an hour. I have no idea what we discuss but before you know the time has flown by. Could be why we don't get as much done as we'd like! :D But adult conversation is so important!
    Do something frivilous tomorrow. Make yourself smile! And consider yourself hugged! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Have a Hundred Hugs from me, too.

"Talk" as much as you want to. We are as interested in you as a person as we are in you as a fellow quilter.

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY

:-)

Happy Birthday Miranda, yep rattle all you want, if we get tired we'll just quit reading and you'll never know so let it out girl.
    I know how you feel about being so far away from civilization, I am too.
    kathy

Happy Birthday, Miranda :D :D :D
    We know what you are going through. Just remember that you have good friends here that you can visit with a cup of coffee in one hand, a mouse in the other, and hopefully the kids take lots of long naps today. Light yourself a candle. Soon enough, those kids will be grown , and you will wonder how it happened so fast.
    We all love ya. :wink:

Blog Entries
    Sharon, My roommate in Nursing school was from Parkersburg WV. She is not a quilter but lives in Fl now. Janey

Janey, There are a few of us from WV, here on the QB. Parkersburg is close to 2 hours away from where we live in Central WV.
    Small world, really, huh?

I could not get on with waxed paper. Instead I used Bondaweb (thats what it is called here in England). However, one you have ironed fabric onto the Bondaweb you can then put it through the printer. Do trim up the edges first so that it has nice straight edges. After you have printed the fabric, peel of the backing. If desired you coul then iron the printed piece onto another piece of fabric. I found this method good for putting words onto a quilt BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE PRINTED IT IN REVERSE. For this you need to find "T Shirt" print on the printer options. I then cut out each character and ironed in place then stiched round it. Hope this helps.
    Jane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2