Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: help! opinions needed!

Blog Entries
    I love it! What a unique and charming quilt!!

Looks perfect the way it is! I love your quilt!

I suggest you put more of the novelty print ,that appears more fragmented , more evenly through the quilt, as it appears more to the bottom in the photo and less so at the top. Otherwise, I think it is fine . You've got a good, masculine look to it.]

Blog Entries
    I love it!!!I never thought of using a solid color like that. Good luck sewing...I need to try it again now that I am a bit better sewing. I tried a core quilt as one of my first and quickly gave up, but that said I did not know what I was doing and very new at sewing.

It looks fine and I would not change a thing. I love the quilt. Have never done an apple core. It is very nice.

I don't see anything that really jars visually. Looking closely row by row I didn't see anything to worry about. I once did a quilt I thought turned out ugly. Several people really liked it and the recipient loved it. So don't worry. I think this quilt looks great and your DH will love.

I love the way it looks so not '30s or 'lodge-y' like so many apple core quilts do, and has a very cool modern vibe to it. And maybe it doesn't look like this in person, but in the photo it looks like the black blocks kind of run into the designs with the black backgrounds and you're not getting as a defined apple core shapes as you perhaps wanted, and certainly took the time to cut and sew. But as far as the directional prints, they look fine - as others have said - the quilt will look good from any direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    It looks great to me! I think the directional print just makes them easier to see from all sides of the quilt.
    It looks great to me too.

Blog Entries
    WHERE did you find that wonderful "car" fabric--it would be perfect for me to attempt an apple core quilt for my car-loving son--he is always bringing me a sewing machine that he finds on his auction trips; maybe a car-quilt would show him I love it when he comes in with another sewing machine for me to work on or with.....
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

It looks great!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast