Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help Please >

Help Please

Help Please

Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 AM

Working on one now that is giving me a fit. Hope someone can help! I’m doing a Sunbonnet Sue. I used Heat n Bond Lite; when I go to sew them the thread breaks or needle clogs with the glue from Heat n Bond or get skipped stitches. I have used 4 different machines and tried copy paper and/or wax paper and I still get thread breaks or needle clogs with the glue from Heat n Bond or get skipped stitches. Help please, anyone know what I can do to solve this problem? Thanks!!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:09 AM

Good luck!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:14 AM

I have had this same problem with fusible - it is the nature of some of them. Does anyone know if there is a brand that doesn't clog up like that?

here is their website, says it does NOT gum up.
http://www.thermowebonline.com/dyn_p...p=3522&k=86489

try writing to them? also they have a toll-free number
Old 04-26-2011, 03:20 AM

I haven't had any problems with wonder under, but I have only done a couple of applique projects!

It is cheap enough you can try a piece on a block or something.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:26 AM

I've never had a problem with Steam & Seam 2 & I machine applique all my quilts.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:32 AM

I also have use Wonder Under and Steam a Seam without problems.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 AM
Power Poster

i keep a small square of muslin saturated with machine oil next to my machine- when fusable glue builds up on my needle i use the cloth to clean it off- the oil helps keep it from building up so quickly.

I have to ask...
what do you use wax paper for in your sewing room???i keep seeing mentions of it but have no idea what you could possibly be doing with it.
I have used freezer paper in my sewing room for years- it is a staple in my sewing ... but wax paper---other than pressing fall leaves between sheets of it- what do you do with it???

i realize some people do not know there is a difference between wax paper and freezer paper-
freezer paper is white- comes in a big blue box- is a (butcher's paper) strong- white paper on one side- plastic coating on the other side- you can write on the paper side- it is easy to see through- you press the plastic side to fabrics...it leaves no residue and is re=usable.
Wax paper is a transparent paper with wax on both sides- when you press it the wax melts and comes off on anything you may press it to. in grade school we collected leaves and pressed them between 2 sheets of wax paper.

so--what is wax paper good for in sewing???
Old 04-26-2011, 03:42 AM

I was once told these products have different directions based on which one you buy, so did you follow this packages directions or did you just do it the way you nomally do?

I too, have never had a problem and have used that brand before. Definitly call them, and please post your results here on this thread so we can all learn from what you found out! Who knows, you may find out you have a bad batch and it was suppossed to be pulled from the store?
Old 04-26-2011, 03:43 AM

I have used Heat n Bond Lite before with no problems. Generally, I use a size 80/12 needle. I normally can't even see the glue once it is fused, did you use correct temperature and hold the iron on the pieces long enough accoring to the instructions? Sorry if it seems like a sily questions, I just have never had problems using any fusibles.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Banned

I have never had any problems with the heat n bond lite. :( That has been the easiest for me. Not to ask an odd question but I will ask just in case....did you remove the paper? Not trying to offend. Just not sure why your machines are having trouble. Or maybe you need a new needle, sometimes needles can cause issues. Hope this helps :)