Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How does it smell in your sewing room?

How does it smell in your sewing room?

First of all, sorry if it's a dumb question

Lately I realized, that my sewing room doesn't smell like it used to be. Everything is newly renovated. Everything is cleaned - the heater, furniture, floor, everything. It is not the fabric or other stuff, which could smell musty. Then I put on a Potpirie and now it smells softly like lavender. And I like it!

And now, it's just a matter of interest: how does it smell your sewing room?

Blog Entries
    I use the Febreze Set & Fresh thingies with the scent of Gain. It smells so clean and fresh and I don't have to worry having something spilled or plugged in!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Mine smells like a linen closet to me. I light a candle when I sew and leave the closet (where my fabric is stored open) when I leave.

Blog Entries
    I use a scentsy warmer and have lots of different scents. I find when ironing some of my really older fabric doesn't smell so fresh. Love my warmer.
    Evelyn

It smells like the pine forest I live in, with just a hint of daylilies wafting in the window. All natural, not from the grocery store.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Blog Entries
    I dislike artificial scent. I open the windows when the weather permits.
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

I never thought of this, but I am going to be adding a smell to mine. Lavender sounds good!!

Dina

I have oodles of candles so I like to pop one in a warmer just because... but my favorite is having my windows open!

I have been told of the possible fire hazard of the plug ins. I avoid those. My quilting room has no smell to it. I keep the room super clean and we don't have pets. I prefer music instead of scents to calm me or enjoy the environment. However, I would not be opposed to an apple pie sitting on the windowsill....

Quote Originally Posted by hopetoquilt View Post
    I have been told of the possible fire hazard of the plug ins. I avoid those. My quilting room has no smell to it. I keep the room super clean and we don't have pets. I prefer music instead of scents to calm me or enjoy the environment. However, I would not be opposed to an apple pie sitting on the windowsill....
    LOL, I agree completely. I don't like artificial scents, don't have pets in the house, but sure would like some of that apple pie.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast