Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Accu go cutter dies needed

For birthday hubby is buying one for me! Hooray! How many extra dies do I need? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by gigi4419
    For birthday hubby is buying one for me! Hooray! How many extra dies do I need? Thank you!
    Wouldn't that depend on how many different shapes/sizes you want to cut?

I would suspect the numbers are unlimited!

Yes! I'm so excited I didn't think!

Blog Entries
    Maybe extra mats? and then pick up the dies as needed/wanted? :D:D:D

He could splurge and get the deluxe starter kit at only $3K it has all 54 dies. http://www.accuquilt.com/go-shop/sta...arter-set.html

Ok, now that we've had a little bit fun of fantasizing about geting the entire set. Practically, think about what patterns you do now, which pieces are you cutting the most and get those. I think at least a 2.5" strip to make your own jelly rolls. It comes with a starter die that has 3 shapes.

Do you like applique? or piecing? That will help you decide what dies you can use.

The big drunkards path die is wonderful, there is a notch to help you piece the sections easily. The small one I find not as great.

He would faint! Wow! Guess I'll just start with the ones they send with the kit! I have lots to learn! Thank you for the information!

I love my Go and have had it since Christmas. My fav is the 21/2 strip and 4" triangles and 5 " sqs but I bought some in the beginning I don't use as much. I would buy as you go and have planned what you ate going to make.

Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    He could splurge and get the deluxe starter kit at only $3K it has all 54 dies. http://www.accuquilt.com/go-shop/sta...arter-set.html

Ok, now that we've had a little bit fun of fantasizing about geting the entire set. Practically, think about what patterns you do now, which pieces are you cutting the most and get those. I think at least a 2.5" strip to make your own jelly rolls. It comes with a starter die that has 3 shapes.

Do you like applique? or piecing? That will help you decide what dies you can use.

The big drunkards path die is wonderful, there is a notch to help you piece the sections easily. The small one I find not as great.
    You mentioned not liking the small Drunkards Path, would you mind telling me why, I have been considering getting it, but not if there's a problem with it.. Thanks

Jean

I have the large 7 inch drunkard path to use with the curvemaster foot, that was my 2nd die I purchased. The first was the Rose of Sharon, have not used either yet. My 3rd and last was the 2.5 strip, I have used that one. On my wish list is the 5 inch square and 3.5 x 6.5.

Blog Entries
    I just ordered the 7inch drunkard's path. Cn't wait to get it

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast