Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Quilts Have You Made

Somewhere around 150 or so - but if you ask my hubby he might say 300.
    Way to many by his count....... the other day at a local fair he was asked to buy a raffle ticket on a quilt and his reply to the gal was we have way to many quilts at our house - can't buy a ticket I might just win........ :D :D :D

Scrap

I take pics of everything I make, quilts, totes, purses, whatever. i make a lap quilt for every house I sell as a house warming present ( I am a Realtor as well) so it is probably over a 100.

I would have to say counting everything quilted or quilt related 500+. I made 41 Linus quilts last month. I have also done a lot of handquilting for other people over the years. If you add those the number is a lot higher. I handquilted two queen size quilts this summer. I have also made purses, tablerunners lots of wallhangings etc. etc. I made my first actual quilt in 1967.

Wow, you all have made a lot of quilts! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm working on number 8 right now. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do!
    Don't worry about it, Eddie. There's no prize for the highest number. Enjoy what you do at your own speed, learn from each one and strive to make the next one better than the last. Works for quilting and just about everything else in life, too. :D

I have made right around 100-including wall hangings, table runners, etc. I do have quite a few UFOs staring me in the face right now that would up that number if I finished them all!!

I had to make a list. If I didn't forget anything I've made 6 baby quilts, 33 wall hangings, and 42 quilts lap size or bigger. Most of the bigger quilts are either twin size or queen size. Plus too many table runners to count and 6 tree skirts.

Somewhere around 25. I didn't think it was that many til I started adding them up. I learned something new with each one.

Boston...you are way too organized!!!
    I wish I had a photo of all the quilts, table runners, baby quilts and etc...that I gave away...
    I cannot get an accurate count because of this but I have made alot!
    Some great, some not so great...
    I laugh because some of my first ones that I gave away were so terrible (in my eyes now) that I cannot believe I gave them to the person...
    How funny!!!
    Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by KO24
    Boston...you are way too organized!!!
    I wish I had a photo of all the quilts, table runners, baby quilts and etc...that I gave away...
    I cannot get an accurate count because of this but I have made alot!
    Some great, some not so great...
    I laugh because some of my first ones that I gave away were so terrible (in my eyes now) that I cannot believe I gave them to the person...
    How funny!!!
    Kirsten
    I get it from my mother. She liked to take pictures of the things that she crocheted, and even her decorated cookies. She was famous in our town for all the cookies. She had about 310 cookie cutters.

Anyway, I started taking pictures of my cross stitch and now my quilts. Glad I did too. I love looking at all the ones I have given away. I looked at my list today and for each one I have kept, I have given one away.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast