Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Many Quilts Have You Made

Since I started quilting in the late '70s, I had made approximately one or two quilts per year. Then I retired in 2002 and have been quilting full time ever since, so the number has risen to a staggering 20 to 30 per year, depending on the complexity and the recipients. Needless to say, I am hopelessly addicted and never really feel "whole" unless I spend a minimum of a few minutes per day at this craft I love so much.

:D Thats a good question....
    I know I am loosing truck...
    What do you specified as a finished quilt, do table runners and pot holders counts?
    I wish I knew...and I have started not so long ago...

I have not made a potholder, so I wasn't thinking in that direction, but if it is quilted, you may count it. The smallest quilt I have made was about 12 x 18 inches, and I counted it.

As to whether it counts if it is not finished, I have done that also. I have many that are still in progress, and every one has a number. I leave it to the individual. Many people do not keep track of how many, but I truly enjoy having a record of when and why I made each one. A hundred years from now, someone may be interested in the story behind something that came from my hands.

I havn't made any full size quilts yet but ive made about 10 baby quilts

I wish I had kept better records of quilts made. I've not made alot maybe 25 -30. I realized when I was filling out entry forms for my guilds quilt show that I would have liked to make notes as to where the pattern had come from. I purchased a three ring binder and have vowed to be better about keeping a record of my quilts made.

I believe we should count them by their size.... I al loosing truck of mine but I don't believe I made 50 (not yet) :lol:

Super Member Baren*eh*ked_canadian's Avatar
    I think I have 17 tops completed, since last April. I've started many more but lost interest or have gotten distracted. Now that I think of it, that's a lot of quilts, considering I have two jobs and a house to take care of!

My latest one isn't counted in there because it's not quite finished. I'm going to put some more borders on it before I count it as a finished top.

I started quilting in 1975 but didn't really began making it a hobby until around 1988. I have pictures of every quilt I've made. I've given away a lot but think I have made about 70 or so. :roll:

Wow! There are some with a lot of quilts made. I have been quilting for about 8 years and have made about 40. I would love to quilt more but there seems to be so many time constraints.... :D

Wow! that is a lot of quilts. I know you make Art Quilts. What is the difference between the Art Quilt and Traditional Quilt?

Dear ghostrider,
    What you said is all so true. Each quilt bring a little bit closer to perfection but always pure happiness in completing one.
    As for how many, I have no idea but I do know I've let a lot people know how I feel about them with those I've given away. And for the ones I've sold, many of my customers have brought me a picture to enjoy the happiness it brought to another. :D

Blog Entries
    I was amazed when I put my quilt scrapbook together; I've made 90 quilts in almost 20 years!

Blog Entries
    I have made well over 850 Quilts. Started in the 60's. Made for church Auctions, friends, children. And at one time had a small shop on my front porch where I would put one in the window and have maybe 8-9 others. Lived on main highway so selling them was easy.
    I love Quilting - It is my pleasure in each day. It is my JOY to feel the accomplishments... I do all my own quilting. either by hand or machine.
    Have more fabric then some quilt shops. lol :lol: :Some sold cheap, most I gave away. I will tell you, you get better all the time. So keep going girls. I have a picture of each one in my album...

Wow! Wish I could see your stash and a picture of all of those quilts!!

Two.

Both throw-sized (48" x 48"), and both given as wedding gifts this summer.

I'm currently working on about 5 more, everything from wall-hanging size to queen bed size.

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by salisaquilter
    I have made well over 850 Quilts. Started in the 60's. Made for church Auctions, friends, children. And at one time had a small shop on my front porch where I would put one in the window and have maybe 8-9 others. Lived on main highway so selling them was easy.
    I love Quilting - It is my pleasure in each day. It is my JOY to feel the accomplishments... I do all my own quilting. either by hand or machine.
    Have more fabric then some quilt shops. lol :lol: :Some sold cheap, most I gave away. I will tell you, you get better all the time. So keep going girls. I have a picture of each one in my album...

I like your style!! And I agree wholeheartedly with the spirit behind why we quilters love our craft. How big is your quilt room?

Blog Entries
    Quilt room is 10 x 20 and has 4 shelves from ceiling to floor with just the cottons - But have about 8 tubs with the fabrics I make crazy Quilts with. you know velvets, satins , silks, laces.
    I even take hand work when on the road traveling in our RV.
    Just love quilting. It is in my blood lol :-) :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by salisaquilter
    Quilt room is 10 x 20 and has 4 shelves from ceiling to floor with just the cottons - But have about 8 tubs with the fabrics I make crazy Quilts with. you know velvets, satins , silks, laces.
    I even take hand work when on the road traveling in our RV.
    Just love quilting. It is in my blood lol :-) :lol:

It's in my blood too. Most days I would rather quilt than eat.

I still work for a living, so I've only completed 9 real quilt projects since 2002, including one tree skirt and one wall hanging. I am about 3/4 through piecing number 10. I've done about a dozen baby quilts or tops for charity.
    I wish I could say I did all the quilting, but I've always had the bed size quilts done by a pro with a longarm machine.
    I see by all of your numbers why so many of you have serious machines! My DH has come to hate quilting! God forbid I was a prolific as you all!

Congratulations, Melanie!
    Have you designed a quilt for the baby yet?
    And how did the county fair go? Perhaps you posted and I missed it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2