Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Husbands

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebears
    My neighbor heard that I was interested in old sewing machines. She said her aunt had one did not know what kind. Later she called and said that it was "just an old singer table top model". I told her to find out more, I'm hoping it is an old feather weight and she doesn't want too much. My husband said you have 2 sewing machines now why do you need another one? Bless his heart he just doesn't understand.
    Tell him it's for the same reason that he has more than one wrench or more than one screwdriver. They all do different things and each works best to do its own thing.....

Ha! Wait until mine gets back from Africa to find a quilt frame in the living room!

I have 3 machines right now... And I used that argument about the right tool... I can't tell you how many times my husband has quoted..."See how well the job goes when you have the right tools?"

Man - I love throwing that back at him. :)

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by teacherbailey
    Quote Originally Posted by aggiebears
    My neighbor heard that I was interested in old sewing machines. She said her aunt had one did not know what kind. Later she called and said that it was "just an old singer table top model". I told her to find out more, I'm hoping it is an old feather weight and she doesn't want too much. My husband said you have 2 sewing machines now why do you need another one? Bless his heart he just doesn't understand.
    Tell him it's for the same reason that he has more than one wrench or more than one screwdriver. They all do different things and each works best to do its own thing.....
    That's what I was going to say. Tell him to just think of it as another tool, or whatever it is that he 'collects'!

my DH gave up when i had 4 machines - now i'm at 9 and he just doesn't even ask any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by jmabby
    Does he have more than 2 fishing poles, guns, cars, golf clubs, or whatever? We can enjoy our hobbies too.
    Yes.. he does !! LOL

mine just shakes his head-he has multiple toys also

Bless his heart covers everything.

Good for you, hope it's a reasonably priced Featherweight. Please let us know how it turns out.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast