Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Husbands

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    just gonna pass on by..not gonna add my comments
    Smart Man!
    Yeah thats what I was thinkin.

Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    my DH gave up when i had 4 machines - now i'm at 9 and he just doesn't even ask any longer.
    That makes me smile :)

I am at 6 and looking at buying another :)

How many tools has he?

My husband is wonderful! He buys my machines, he came home with a Bernina 630 a few years ago, and then an 830 when we went to a quilt show. I have 2 featherweights if anyone is interested.

When my DH starts with those silly statements, I just ask him how many tools he has and why would he want more????

People who sit their machines in cupboards for 99% of the time don't understand either...

Oh! I do hope it is a FW. My family got me a FW for my birthday and I was overwhelmed. They also got me a treadle machine which I just love to use. It quilts so nice. I hope so much that the machine will be a FW. God bless you.

A while back I had the opportunity to add to my"collection" with another treadle that someone was going to give me, I asked my husband if he thought we had enough room for it and he said and I quote "do you want the real answer or the husband answer?" I said both. The first thing he said was "we would be crazy not to take it." (that was the real answer) and then he said "Anything you want dear" (that was the husband answer). That machine made number 11 for me including another treadle, a featherweight, one from the 50's in a cabinet, a mid arm with 10' frame,2 sergers, 2 embroidery machines, the first machine I ever bought that is now a boat anchor as it was caught in a flood and does not work, and the first new machine I ever bought when the boat anchor could no longer do its job. And yes technically they all work or have a job including the boat anchor, when not a boat anchor it is a door stop, or paper weight, or fabric weight, whatever job it needs to do at the time.

I told my husband that when I set up shop I have to have more than one machine set up and started explaining the use of each one. He stared at me like I was speaking in another language. I already own the machines and he keeps asking how many I have and why but he still doesn't get it. He really doesn't know how many I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    just gonna pass on by..not gonna add my comments
    chicken? cluk cluk

I use 4 machines, the last one I bought (for me) was my FW earlier this year, and Sunday bought a FW for DH.

Blog Entries
    My DH has become addicted to trying to find Featherweights at antique stores and yard sales. He's now worse then I am.

my hubby is the greatest...at the moment i am 'reorganizing' my stash, and i have piles everywhere in the house, mainly in the living room, and he just walks around the piles and smiles...and asks 'when will my quilt be done"!!!! he is so cute

LOL, isn't that the way it is when someone does not have the same passion. I have 2 machines and an 18 inch longarm with 14 foot bed. My DH does understand my passion and built a studio for me to work in. Then again I never say anything about all his new guns (several a year), or any of his wood shop equipment. I have my eye on an embroidery machine, maybe someday. Even if that machine is not a feather weight, get it, those old singers are great to have and to look at.

The two most important words a man learns after I DO, are
    YES, DEAR

Blog Entries
    Well, good luck in finding a treasure from your neighbor! I mentioned the same thing to my friend and ended up with a great 228 for 15 bucks!

I have never laughed so much until I started to read all of the replys to "Husbands"! This one especially made me roar! I just enjoy this board so much :lol: :lol: We're so right on!

Quote Originally Posted by Maia B
    Ha! Wait until mine gets back from Africa to find a quilt frame in the living room!

Now he doesn't know I have a treadle hidden in the basement yet. hehe. just remember what they don't know is good for you. hehe

We are actually protecting them. We don't want them to have to suffer any added anxiety.
    robin in TX

Well, why does a man need more than one set of screw drivers, different hammers, multiple drills? Different tools for different jobs and some were just on sale, a good deal or really shiny and cool. And we quilters are different? More than one machine or an over flowing stash is no different. Bless them, love them and be glad you have one who tries in his own man way to understand.

You tell him, "There's always room for one more!" :-P

My husband knows about 3 of my machines. One of these days he is going to open up my closet and find 3 "others".

Never too many sewing machines (LOL) from Amarillo

Hope the machine is what you want. But I understand about your husband. My hubby just got me a white featherweight as an early birthday present and wanted to know if i was going to now sell off my black featherweight now that I have the white one. I didn't actually laugh in his face but I did turn around so he didn't see my pitying look at his misplaced idea.

If my husband can have 85 different screwdrivers, 3 table saws and 4 cordless drills, then surely I can have 5 different sewing machines (incl. 3 FW's)!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast