Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I am about 2 seconds from going back to sewing doll clothes

It get better, it won't happen over night but it gets better and starts to be fun.

Your quilt is very cute! I have been watching Home machine quilting videos on U Tube for the last couple months, trying to get up the nerve to try it! Good for you for actually doing a quilt on your machine. I do love doll clothes making though, when my girls were little.

LMB
    Ya gotta try. I figured if I screwed it up I could at least say I gave it a shot. But trust me on this one, if you think you cant, come here and read a lot... ask a lot of questions. These people are so helpfull they should be paid for it! Good Luck To YOU!

Blog Entries
    I now exactly what you are talking about. And that is exactly why I hand all larger than a 45 by 45 projects to a quilter.... ahhhhhh. Yes, it costs more, but for my sanity and to keep the joy of quilting--priceless.

LMB
    I dont know. The quilting part is what I wanted to do. Thats what drew me to this site, and I think I will keep trying for awhile longer to see if I can do it myself. I hate for anything to get the best of me... if someone else can do it, why cant I? If I have to let someone quilt it then I do all the baking and they get to put on the frosting and I just dont like that idea...

It looks great. Sometimes you have to walk away and start back on it later. Do it in little sections. You are doing a great job!

Hang in there my quilting friend. It IS hard to manage a quilt and try to stitch with a regular machine. This is my unfavorite part of quilting. I save my $ to get anything larger than a wall hanging quilted by a longarm quilter. Saves on a ton of fustration!

Reward yourself next by doing a much smaller project that is easy to handle!!

Quote Originally Posted by CindyBee
    LOL! Yes, it's always like that. Quilt over shoulder, in lap, puddling on floor. But, it's like birthing a baby. While you're in labor you swear you'll never do it again, but after the trauma and you admire your lovely baby, you can't wait to get started on another one!
    Yes! Yes! I so agree! And HATE SID!!!!! I never do it! I'd much rather do patterns or swirls or anything than SID!
    Hang in there! It gets easier!

Super Member HummerGardenCrafts's Avatar
    Yes, it will get better. And your quilt is really pretty!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LMB
    I dont know. The quilting part is what I wanted to do. Thats what drew me to this site, and I think I will keep trying for awhile longer to see if I can do it myself. I hate for anything to get the best of me... if someone else can do it, why cant I? If I have to let someone quilt it then I do all the baking and they get to put on the frosting and I just dont like that idea...
    You're just the kind of person I want for a neighbor.... someone who would gleefully take my tops and finish them!! :wink: I'd even be happy to bind the suckers, but the layering and quilting--Bleck!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast