Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I am so upset >
  • I am so upset

• I am so upset

Old 01-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Oh, I am so sorry, too- but as some have said, you should be able to do some sewing, just don't overdo. I have had this surgery 4 times! They only wanted me in a sling in public so people wouldn't knock me, but they want activity. One word of caution- no rotary cutting, while healing during my first surgery, I was taking a class and used the rotary cutter too hard and felt a bad pain- it was unrelated to the exact location they just fixed, but I had surgery a month later on a different area 2" away from the first. I took no time to heal though, just make sure you do your therapy homework! You may just get tired if you take pain meds. Use a towel to rest your arm on your table, or get a lot of hand work ready- it's raising it that will bother you. Good luck...it's all about the attitude, you'll do Great!
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 AM

Hi Sally!
    Did the same thing 10 days ago. My right arm still hurts and I have decreased mobility. I had left rotator cuff surgery 6 years ago so know how the routine is. My arm is slowly getting better. Had one of the docs I work with do a quick check. Says I may have a small tear. I can't afford to get this evaluated or fixed as I am the only one employed so I am hoping for some healing until I can get it take care of. I took down my quilting table and have slowly started organizing my mess. I am in the middle of knitting socks for my 4 great nieces but that doesn't seem to bother. My advice, get the surgery asap and be faithful to the PT. It took me a good year to get back to 100% function when my left side was done. Sleeping in bed was very painful so I got real acquainted with my recliner! Best of luck and I am so sorry to hear about this, one of my first thoughts after I fell was, "oh no, now I won't be able to sew!" Take care!
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:58 AM

so very sorry to hear about your fall and upcoming surgery. I wish you well and feel badly that you will be unable to quilt. Take care of yourself and soon you will be able to once again quilt. Look at quilt magazines, internet, here of course
    Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 AM

You have all been so helpful. Thank you for your kind words. Tomorrow MRI. Monday hopefully Dr. will tell me PT only.
    I am blessed to have you all as friends.
    Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 AM

Best wishes!