Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am so upset >

I am so upset

I am so upset

Old 01-08-2011, 04:24 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery!! Dream of future projects.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Had the surgery in 2005. Takes awhile to heal - follow all orders!!! Have full motion now and hopefully it it remain good. Good luck. Will think of you.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:47 PM

So sorry to hear of your misfortunte. Just think of all the projects you will be able to see and want to do. Once you are mended, you will be at it again! Best wishes.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Thank you all for your good wishes. You pick up my spirit and encourage me to be brave.
I will be on the Board more often and jealously watch as you all create beauties.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:22 PM

sorry to hear about your shoulder. Wish you a quick recovery. In the meantime, if you can use the internet, you can make yourself feel better by ordering fabric.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

Oh hon, I am so sorry to hear this!!
You already got a lot of advice and make sure to get on here so we can entertain you :D
Keep us posted!!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by salisaquilter
I fell day after Christmas and ruined my right shoulder. Actually dislocated it and after seeing the ortho Dr. yesterday he says I have torn the rota tor cuff.. He is setting surgery date.
I WILL BE UNABLE TO SEW FOR MONTHS. MONTHS????????
What am I to do????????????????????????? I just want to cry.
I even have to lay magazine on the table to look at. I am really whining. POOOOOOOOOOOr me...
At least I can watch and enjoy your works :-( :cry: :cry:
Been there, done that...and possibly looking at doing it again. I had shoulder surgery in Nov 2010 to repair rotaor cuff and remove 3" clavicle bone from a previous fall/surgery in 2007. Well, all was well, until I wiped out on the ice 2 days before Christmas. I have separated the same shoulder with lateral damage... needless to say I'm not happy...possibly going to weight it down and have a sling for 6 wks. My only suggestions are...i) lots of magazines, ii) a couple of really good books, iii) a few good movies, iv) some really boring documentaries to help you sleep and finally, your computer. The QB people have been my salvation over the past 2.5 months. Plus I also did the Fabshophop to kill sometime. But, the QB is the best and there was/is always alot to read, ponder, research and drool over on this site. Good Luck!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:45 AM

So sorry to hear about your injury. I had a pinched nerve that had me not doing any sewing for about a year. It is tough. Maybe you could look at fabric catalogs to cheer you up for when you can quilt again. Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:57 AM

Quilterella. I am really sorry for your fix. Much worse than mine.... I know you have had a lot more pain. Will take your suggestions under advisement and I know I will be on the Board a lot.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 AM

I know what you are going through. I fell a number of years ago and broke the rotator in 3 places and as a result I have a very long pin in my arm. I was told that it would be 18 months before I could move my elbow about six inches from my body and to never expect to use the arm again. Well! I had my kids put my closet rod up 6 inches higher than normal and I would (after healing) hold a hanger in my right (damaged side) hand and gently use my left hand to push my right elbow up. I did lots of little life things like that. I a very pleased to show anyone who will look that I can put my right arm up and lay it across my head and touch my right ear. At that time of my life I was pouring firing and painting porcelain dolls. No I could not pour or handle the molds nor could I clean the greenware but I sure did learn to paint and write with my left hand. My point here is do not give in to what you can not do. Improvise and go on enjoying life. Sorry if this sounds like a lecture I mean it as encouragement. Wini