Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: I could sure use suggestions.

I completely agree with Madquilter on the layout of the blocks. I would use red and then pick up the brown with a much lighter tan shade letting the dark in the blocks be the only real contrast. There are a lot of interesting TOT tans that could be used with a lightly patterned red. To break up the picture monotony, I would either use the pictures as a center of a much larger block, or use as a single block with an additional full patterned block around them. Did that make sense? In other words, I would do more than just add sashing to the pictures.

Blog Entries
    What a wealth of creativity we have here on this site! I'm just amazed! You are all such a blessing! Thanks for taking the time to help me. I am hoping to have at least the top pieced by Christmas. If nothing else, I can present the top to her with the promise of having the finished product for her soon.

The quilt is going to be great when done, I hope to see some pics!

You could lighten up alla that brown by bringing in creams into the border to go with what you have. I would outline quilt around all of the motifs in the blocks about 1/8 inch away. That will make the images pop

I want to make a signature wall hanging. Could someone please tell me what would best way to get signatures from my family, should I mail the little squares with pen and return envelope or wait until I have finish the quilt and let folks sign. Plus i was told to use freeze paper with the square that they would be signing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6