Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11

Thread: I hate thimbles

I've tried and tried to use a thimble, but end up like many others using a finger without the thimble to push the needle through. I've put the thimble on my middle finger just like you're supposed to, but end up holding that finger up and out of the way, like it is injured or something. And it's not a nice gesture, either! :oops: I've tried using bandaids wrapped around my fingers--that works pretty good for me, but I need to keep a good supply of the stretchy fabric bandaids around, because I go through them fairly quickly. I do have a leather thimble, but it is too big for my finger and ends up being in the way. I'm still trying to use it instead of bandaids, but I may just keep on with the bandaids, because that is what seems to work best.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
    I can't be the only one who hates thimbles. They are big, bulky and don't fit my fingers.

Any suggestions for a really good finger tip cover that fits well, protects my finger when hand sewing the bindings on quilts?

Thanks.
    When I have a thimble on I push with another finger. So I quit wearing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    .I did, but over the years have got used to a very old silver one that is a delight to use. Until then, I used a leather thimble.
    I make my own leather thimbles so that they fit my fingers snuggley and they are not at all bulky and do not fall off while I am sewing.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11