Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Blog Entries

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Sometimes it makes me dizzy thinking about how much money I have invested in quilt patterns. Out of the 52 purchased patterns I know I paid $60 each for 3 or 4 of them, $20 or so for several and $8 to $10 for the rest. That is a lot of money! And then, of course, there are all the books. I am not about to count the number of books I have and I love them all! And magazines! I don't subscribe anymore, but it seems I buy at least one every month. Again, I don't even want to know how many magazines I have and I intend to keep them all. I get many hours of enjoyment from all the books and magazines and about once or twice a year I go through all of them, and add more stickies! Do any of you feel the same way? or do you pass them on?

Blog Entries
    I don't have very many purchased patterns.....but I do have a lot of magazines. About once a year I go thru them and thin them out. Most of my space is filled with fabrics♥♥. Are we a little obsessed? Well, just a little I think!

I don't know I am afraid to count . Love your avatar.

I hate math so refuse to add up how much I've spent on patterns, book, mag. BUT I do belive it is cheaper than mental health therapy. But then isn't quilting therapy. See, I've justified what we spend on stuff!
    If you don't work on it you'll never finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by mary quilting View Post
    I don't know I am afraid to count . Love your avatar.
    Same here. I have so many I can't even find them all! Patterns, books, magazines, downloads on my 'puter... oh my! And yet, I have several that are my go-tos... go figure!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by Julie in NM View Post
    I hate math so refuse to add up how much I've spent on patterns, book, mag. BUT I do belive it is cheaper than mental health therapy. But then isn't quilting therapy. See, I've justified what we spend on stuff!
    Wow! After reading your post I feel much better because like Polyjvan, I too have many patterns, books and magazines and the worst part I haven't even made a quarter of the things from any of them. I think I am obsessed with patterns cuz I do love buying them and having them in my library :0 I like knowing that if I do have a selection of patterns in my own stash that I can just pick out from if I do decide to make something from a pattern. As for the books and mags I do refer back to them quite often so that isn't a total obsession. So I will except the idea that our obsession for buying patterns, books, and mags as well as our love for quilting is a lot cheaper than mental health therapy and more rewarding too!
    Bernice
    City girl with a country heart!

I have a lot of quilt books and a year or so ago donated many to the used bookstore. I only keep the magazine issues that have quilts in them that I like. Otherwise I leave a few at doctor's offices when I have an appointment now and then. I don't have many purchased patterns on their own.
    "In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Actually it's fabric that is my total downfall. Lately thread comes a close second, followed distantly by patterns/books.

Books and patterns have become an obsession with me lately also. I know I will never make even 1/4 of the patterns that I have but I just can't seem to resist when I just love the pattern.
    Lorraine

I do not buy many patterns-I like traditional.now templates,books ,magazines and a ridiculous stash -that is different.I do thin the magazines out a few times a year.If there is one or two I really like I put just those in a binder and the magazine goes to my daughter and then my grand daughter for collages.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast