Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have? >

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Old 08-10-2012, 08:33 AM

i only have a few purchased patterns, less than 10. However i have an entire bookcase full of magazines in their little holders, organized by year and title and lots of resource books. my "some day" plan is to get them entered into a document that i can carry on my Blackberry so i know which ones i have when i'm scouring used bookstores for new books. Same with my gadgets. i now have 2 Marti Mitchell Log Cabin rulers since i bought another at the Expo when i went to her class, not realizing i had one at home already. My favorite pattern so i'll give the other to a daughter.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by gramarraine View Post
Books and patterns have become an obsession with me lately also. I know I will never make even 1/4 of the patterns that I have but I just can't seem to resist when I just love the pattern.
I'm so glad to know it's not just me! I have all these patterns (even as I'm reading the board this AM, I'm downloading more... it's a sickness!!!) & I have two or three that I always go back to. I'm way too boring... LOL!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Power Poster

I hear ya! I have my fair share of patterns and magazines. I say it is part of my "quilting therapy".
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM

too many to count - but always on the lookout for a good one.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
Sometimes it makes me dizzy thinking about how much money I have invested in quilt patterns. Out of the 52 purchased patterns I know I paid $60 each for 3 or 4 of them, $20 or so for several and $8 to $10 for the rest. That is a lot of money! And then, of course, there are all the books. I am not about to count the number of books I have and I love them all! And magazines! I don't subscribe anymore, but it seems I buy at least one every month. Again, I don't even want to know how many magazines I have and I intend to keep them all. I get many hours of enjoyment from all the books and magazines and about once or twice a year I go through all of them, and add more stickies! Do any of you feel the same way? or do you pass them on?
I don't know how to count just sew!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:45 PM

I plead the 5th......
Old 08-10-2012, 12:51 PM

I have a collection of templates. I don't care how easy it might be to make them I have a compulsion to buy them. Just got the big and little twister last weekend. I wish they were less expensive but I keep buying them so yes I know how you feel just a different item.
Evelyn in Sequim WA
Old 08-10-2012, 02:29 PM

i would have to organize them, to know. now come on. mostly i have books with multiple patt's and magazines.
now that's a good idea, organize them.