Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have? >

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM

I keep mine for 3 years and then give them to our quilt guild. They sale them for 10 cents.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:24 AM

Debbiehumphress - Please don't join that 12 step program, it gives me great comfort to know that someone is organized enough to find a pattern when they want it!
And Momo, I ask myself the same question all the time, I have nearly a laundry basket full of internet patterns, and still I buy! Just like any other addict I always need just one more!
And I do use those patterns, not all of them of course, but a lot of them. And as for the books and magazines, every time I go through them I find one more quilt that I would like to make 'someday'.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:16 AM

I've never bought a quilt pattern. I've made many quilts, just make em up, get ideas for free on here and in magazines, books.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:46 AM

Well, I know to some folks I am committing the 'unforgivable sin' but I tear out the patterns I want (magazines, not books) and either throw away or give away the rest of the magazine.

I just recently went through all my notebooks of magazine 'saved' patterns and threw out a huge garbage bag full and still I have probably 20+ notebooks full of patterns. I finally quit going through them because at that rate I will never finish re-organizing my room!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:27 PM

I figured it up... if I make all the quilts I've planned to make, want to make, hope to make, have patterns for, I'll have to live to be 500 years old. Move over Methuselah! <G>
Old 08-09-2012, 01:03 PM

I have not been quilting all that long and I have yet to create the quilt pattern that I am using exactly as it is. I always have to change it some way - I take the way it starts out but I change the borders, the color scheme or something. And the only patterns I have used are in the 4 quilting magazines that I subscribe to, 2 other patterns from the LQS, and the free ones online. Other than that, no other purchase of patterns in 1 1/2 years. However....all that beautiful fabric is just something I can't resist....sigh. My poor DH says "Step away from the fabric." And I say, "but it is on sale and I might need it." Works every time when I suggest maybe he needs a new tool for his collection...;-)
Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM

I'm sure I have 50 patterns or so as well. I also know I paid $25-30 for several.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 PM

Quilting is my main mental therapy. Because I am not traveling very often, due to health concerns and financial limitations, I depend upon books to travel in my mind. :-) Used books are often within my budget and provide hours of education and entertainment.

I have more patterns than I need and should just keep those I especially like. That's a good project for this winter. My fabric acquisitions have dropped drastically in the last two years. Now, I seem to be purchasing batting in bulk and cones of thread. Thank goodness for my stash, thrift stores, and a place to safely store/access by fabric and tools. I have named my sewing machine table "The Construction Zone."

I am truly blessed to have my eyesight, manual dexterity, sewing skills and The Quilting Board Friends!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:43 PM

I just cleaned out all my 20 yrs or more of patterns, don't know what to do with them, all knids from dolls to wall things hoilday and lots of machine applique for sweatshirts. I will never do use any of these again. Most I ahve done too. Fill a big trash bag of them!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:14 PM

Oh my do we count those too?

Originally Posted by mary quilting View Post
I don't know I am afraid to count . Love your avatar.