Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have? >

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Julie in NM View Post
I hate math so refuse to add up how much I've spent on patterns, book, mag. BUT I do belive it is cheaper than mental health therapy. But then isn't quilting therapy. See, I've justified what we spend on stuff!
Perfect! No guilt for me now!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 AM

Maybe ONE out of 15 or so. I get inspiration from the pictures, but never seem to open the packages. I do admire people that produce them though. I would imagine it would be difficult to put in writing all the little shortcuts I take just because I (think) I know what I'm doing!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:46 AM

I have way too many for my own good. I don't dare count them because then I would really feel bad that I'm not just whipping them up. But it is fun just to go through them once in awhile because I forget what all I have and it's kinda like Christmas. The down side to forgetting what you have, you buy the same pattern again (and again).
Old 08-09-2012, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

I love using a pattern for applique and piecing! I used to make them up myself, but I found that using a pattern saves me time and so it is worth the expense to buy them. I don't even know how many I have or the money it has cost me. But, I have purged them three times and either sold them or donated them to a thrift store that has a major food bank that does so much good in our comunity.

This isn't counting the rulers that I have bought and the booklets to go with them. OR the many many programs and cards for embroidery and quilting. But, like I tell other people who gasp at them... Hey! That is what I do! I am a quilter.

I just have to say one more thing... When I was in school I bought tons of books and paid for classes that cost me plenty! I see no reason that learning quilting couldn't be in that catagory. Right?

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 08-09-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:36 AM

I have one...I get mine from my mccalls mag and down load freebies from the internet. will never even get close to making them all. smile...
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 AM

GOod topic. Where do I start? LOL

I too have bins of patterns, magazines by name in binders in order in sheet protectors, and sew on.
SO many I'll never use them all so yes I gift them to other quilters I know, take them to retreats to share, and then I always find time to read thru them, see what I have, play all day and use my address labels, which are plentiful, to mark the pages I like.
Also do a type os spreadsheet with when and where it is......
Also buy and get the quilt magazines as often as I can. I subscibe to 5 of them, and file them in order so when someone is looking for a specific one, I can find it......
OK I am seeing this......I need a 12 step program. LOL.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 AM

I have boxes full, even if I were a young woman I could never make a dent in them. My DD will have a time with them I am sure.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:04 AM

I have tons of patterns ,and books,and fabric,i go though,the,magazines,now,and just copy the patterns i want to save,on my copy,mechine,and i have got to the point,if i cant,use,a rotary cutter,i,dont keep the,old pattern,dont want to have to cut out patt,and make template,,so,that down size for me alot,but i still have a few left,wish i could do that with fabric,,lol
Old 08-09-2012, 09:16 AM

Wow and I thought my quilting "collections" were large, nice to know I am not alone!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:16 AM

I have ZERO purchased quilt patterns. So many on the internet are free. Why buy one?