Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have? >

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 AM

i buy some patterns by the picture, but of course when i want to make it, i don't have the fabric for it! i had better start evening that out!!!

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
Sometimes it makes me dizzy thinking about how much money I have invested in quilt patterns. Out of the 52 purchased patterns I know I paid $60 each for 3 or 4 of them, $20 or so for several and $8 to $10 for the rest. That is a lot of money! And then, of course, there are all the books. I am not about to count the number of books I have and I love them all! And magazines! I don't subscribe anymore, but it seems I buy at least one every month. Again, I don't even want to know how many magazines I have and I intend to keep them all. I get many hours of enjoyment from all the books and magazines and about once or twice a year I go through all of them, and add more stickies! Do any of you feel the same way? or do you pass them on?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:09 AM

I think I spend more on books than patterns.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:26 AM

I'm afraid to count how many patterns I have and I have another book and pattern on order at the quilt shop where I work right now. I really, really try not to like the new ones but.....oh well. I no longer subscribe to magazines though since working at a quilt shop. I always share my patterns and books whenever possible.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:37 AM

I also am afraid to count. Although I get mine from the internet and also magazines, I must thin my stash out someday. Right now I love to look through them and think about all the quilts I would love to make. When I do make a quilt I wind up doing something easy cause I am usually in a hurry for a baby, birthday or Christmas. Let's get that next cup of coffee and enjoy!!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:43 AM

Zero patterns... I've never felt smart enough to figure them out.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:12 AM

"I hate math so refuse to add up how much I've spent on patterns, book, mag. BUT I do belive it is cheaper than mental health therapy. But then isn't quilting therapy. See, I've justified what we spend on stuff!"

I think I will print the above out and put it on my craft room door! LOL
Old 08-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Vat

Books and magazines more that buying just one pattern. How many quilts to you produce from all those patterns? Lots , I hope ! ! With all the money you have invested.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Power Poster

Yes I have a lot of purchased patterns (don't know how many) and books. Only have three of those sixty dollar patterns, know exactly what there are and no I haven't made one of them yet. I used to log all of my patterns books on an Excel spreadsheet but I've sold a few and haven't keep up with the ones I've purchased in the last couple of years. Once my sewing room is organized it's on my " to do list ".
Old 08-09-2012, 04:18 AM

I can't keep up with sorting my patterns, from purchased patterns, downloads, magazine pages, and notations from TV programs. I have about as many (or more) machine embroidery downloads to deal with also. But I won't give up any of them, for now. We only hope to live long enough to use our fabrics and patterns and if not, it's been pleasure knowing them.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:22 AM

I have quite a few books. However, I never paid full price for any of them. I used 30 - 40% off coupons. I have a few (~25) patterns. I've had subscriptions in the past and once it's time for them to leave the bathroom, I cut out the patterns that I want to keep and file them in a 3 ring binder.