Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have? >

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

I have 52 purchased quilt patterns, how many do you have?

Old 08-09-2012, 04:23 AM

I honestly can't imagine spending $60 on a pattern. Where are these purchased from?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
Sometimes it makes me dizzy thinking about how much money I have invested in quilt patterns. Out of the 52 purchased patterns I know I paid $60 each for 3 or 4 of them, $20 or so for several and $8 to $10 for the rest. That is a lot of money! And then, of course, there are all the books. I am not about to count the number of books I have and I love them all! And magazines! I don't subscribe anymore, but it seems I buy at least one every month. Again, I don't even want to know how many magazines I have and I intend to keep them all. I get many hours of enjoyment from all the books and magazines and about once or twice a year I go through all of them, and add more stickies! Do any of you feel the same way? or do you pass them on?
I have very few purchased patterns. I have thousands of patterns from magazines, books and this board. I did buy the "home of the brave" the other day. And I bought a pattern to do the Assateague Lighthouse a few years back.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Power Poster

I am afraid to count them....
or should l say too many to count.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:41 AM

I really have more patterns than I can ever use and with all the free patterns anymore I will not purchase a pattern costing more than 10.00 dollars some of my best quilts are made from color books and books from visitoe centers also check the large book stores there are many books that make wonderful applique or embroidery patterns then mix and match and can make some beautiful quilts
Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 AM

I love thumbing through my books and patterns. So far I have 208 purchased patterns and 402 books. I will NEVER add up the amount spent on them. This is my joy (along with making quilts) I will never in my lifetime make all the quilts planned in my head but I can dream as I enjoy my patterns and books. Oh, I also have many lovely patterns free from the internet. Over the top, maybe, but loads of men have expensive toys, cars, boats, hunting stuff, etc. I just happen to collect patterns and books. Yes, also yards of lovely fabric to enjoy also.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:56 AM

Hi everyone, I have really enjoyed reading your posts. I already realized that there were many more like me out there, but not how much we think alike. The first $60 pattern I bought was Woodland Creatures. I have used different animals from that pattern many times and made one full size quilt and then a small version for a baby quilt. Like so many of you, I don't have other vices, hobbies, or interests. I go out to eat maybe one time a week, never go to movies, and every time I buy a pattern I think how glad I am I quit smoking several years ago because now I can buy several patterns for the cost of one carton! I would like to think that I will use many of these pattern, or at least use them for inspiration (which I do many times) but with the WWW at our disposal I know I will go on collecting and admiring and dreaming. I'm glad there are so many who understand exactly what I mean. Have fun everyone, I know I will.

Oh, I forgot to add that to date I have 236 quilts, small and large, or other quilted projects such as jackets, mobiles, purses, etc.

Last edited by pollyjvan9; 08-09-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 08-09-2012, 05:05 AM

I don't have a lot of "patterns" but I am a bookaholic. I believe I have every quilt book published and plan to make a quilt out of every one of them. LOL
Old 08-09-2012, 05:33 AM

I have the same problem, but just with books and magazines. I use sticky tabs and just like you, about twice a year I go back through them and pick a project.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 AM

Since I have only been quilting for 4.5 years I can't compare with what you have. I have only purchased 6 patterns. But I have over 50+patterns that need to be printed from my computer from the internet and I am currently borrowing 2 Ellenor Burns books from a friend. I don't need anymore patterns because of all the inspiration that I get from the people on this site, my guild members and the charity quilting that I do.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
I honestly can't imagine spending $60 on a pattern. Where are these purchased from?
neither can I ! would rather spend $60 on fabric for sure. Like to design my own quilt tops and use magazines and free downloads for inspiration - get out the graphing notebook and I'm happy. Scrap quilts are sooooooo forgiving.