Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I just bought a Pfaff 2170!

I wanted to have an embroidery machine. My budget was $2000 and ended up chosing this machine at $1600. I know is not the latest technology but couldn't go up on the budget because this is just a hobby and this would be my third machine (have another Pfaff for sewing and quilting and a Pfaff serger).
    Can you tell I am a Pfaff lover?
    Now I am going to try it! It comes with free owner classes for life (once a month) and some personalized classes. My dealer here is Cynthia at Cynthia Fine Fabrics in Tamarac, FL. I love her Customer Service and dedication to her clients. Her support makes the difference!
    What do you have to say about this machine? Other fanatics?

I have a Pfaff 2170 and wonder if I will ever learn all the stuff it can do. When I tell other Pfaff people which one I have it is often referred to as the "workhorse". God knows I learn by screwing up and this machine keeps right on plugging away. Fragile, it's not. I enjoy the embroidery part more, now that I've sort of got the hang of it. I'm sure you will love it and the help you will get is the best. P.S . Great price! I don't want to say how much I paid for mine 3 yrs. ago.

GREAT:
    I have had a Pfaff for 8 years now and just love it when I bought mine I was told it was also a "workhorse and it is.

Mine is nothing fancy but does what i want it for.
    I am glad for you. :thumbup: :)

lucky you!

Blog Entries
    I have had my Pfaff 1475 CD for years.It doesn't embroidery but that's all i use,even after i bought a new machine to replace it I'm back to my old favorite.

You will love it.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I don't know that brand but free lessons once a month is awesome!! Have fun! :D

Blog Entries
    CONGRATS!! and many years of happy stitching!!
    I am so a Pfaff lover too, have my 947 for 25 years? gave my 1229 to my sister, so she could have a machine with IDT,(still miss that old work horse) have a 2056,and a fabric mover, a 4862 coverlock serger and 3, that is three 7570's! and the frosting is my little FW I recived one hour ago LOL SO now have 7 lovely machines. I learned how to sew on mother's brand new Pfaff with her in 1955, she still has it, and all five us us have used it for years.

Pfaff person here, also. You will love it! Good job on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by leakus
    I wanted to have an embroidery machine. My budget was $2000 and ended up chosing this machine at $1600. I know is not the latest technology but couldn't go up on the budget because this is just a hobby and this would be my third machine (have another Pfaff for sewing and quilting and a Pfaff serger).
    Can you tell I am a Pfaff lover?
    Now I am going to try it! It comes with free owner classes for life (once a month) and some personalized classes. My dealer here is Cynthia at Cynthia Fine Fabrics in Tamarac, FL. I love her Customer Service and dedication to her clients. Her support makes the difference!
    What do you have to say about this machine? Other fanatics?
    I also have the Pfaff 2170. It's not as usuer friendly as my Janome 11000 and I guess I have a "love hate" relationship" with it. I did not get good instruction on it so it has been trial and error (mostly the latter) for me. Have not even learned the embroidery function on it and I so want to use that. Have the fabric mover and all the bells and whistles and wish I could use it to its potential. I've been back to dealer where I bought it but it's hopeless. A friend also has this and she's helped me alot and will soon teach me the embroidery...after the holidays. I've had this machine 3 yrs and still stumble around. I'm old, so if you're young, you'll get it alot easier than I have. Good luck...I wish you well and I really mean that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast