Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I just bought a Pfaff 2170!

I wanted to have an embroidery machine. My budget was $2000 and ended up chosing this machine at $1600. I know is not the latest technology but couldn't go up on the budget because this is just a hobby and this would be my third machine (have another Pfaff for sewing and quilting and a Pfaff serger).
    Can you tell I am a Pfaff lover?
    Now I am going to try it! It comes with free owner classes for life (once a month) and some personalized classes. My dealer here is Cynthia at Cynthia Fine Fabrics in Tamarac, FL. I love her Customer Service and dedication to her clients. Her support makes the difference!
    What do you have to say about this machine? Other fanatics?

I have a Pfaff 2170 and wonder if I will ever learn all the stuff it can do. When I tell other Pfaff people which one I have it is often referred to as the "workhorse". God knows I learn by screwing up and this machine keeps right on plugging away. Fragile, it's not. I enjoy the embroidery part more, now that I've sort of got the hang of it. I'm sure you will love it and the help you will get is the best. P.S . Great price! I don't want to say how much I paid for mine 3 yrs. ago.

GREAT:
    I have had a Pfaff for 8 years now and just love it when I bought mine I was told it was also a "workhorse and it is.

Mine is nothing fancy but does what i want it for.
    I am glad for you. :thumbup: :)

lucky you!

Blog Entries
    I have had my Pfaff 1475 CD for years.It doesn't embroidery but that's all i use,even after i bought a new machine to replace it I'm back to my old favorite.

You will love it.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I don't know that brand but free lessons once a month is awesome!! Have fun! :D

Blog Entries
    CONGRATS!! and many years of happy stitching!!
    I am so a Pfaff lover too, have my 947 for 25 years? gave my 1229 to my sister, so she could have a machine with IDT,(still miss that old work horse) have a 2056,and a fabric mover, a 4862 coverlock serger and 3, that is three 7570's! and the frosting is my little FW I recived one hour ago LOL SO now have 7 lovely machines. I learned how to sew on mother's brand new Pfaff with her in 1955, she still has it, and all five us us have used it for years.

Pfaff person here, also. You will love it! Good job on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by leakus
    I wanted to have an embroidery machine. My budget was $2000 and ended up chosing this machine at $1600. I know is not the latest technology but couldn't go up on the budget because this is just a hobby and this would be my third machine (have another Pfaff for sewing and quilting and a Pfaff serger).
    Can you tell I am a Pfaff lover?
    Now I am going to try it! It comes with free owner classes for life (once a month) and some personalized classes. My dealer here is Cynthia at Cynthia Fine Fabrics in Tamarac, FL. I love her Customer Service and dedication to her clients. Her support makes the difference!
    What do you have to say about this machine? Other fanatics?
    I also have the Pfaff 2170. It's not as usuer friendly as my Janome 11000 and I guess I have a "love hate" relationship" with it. I did not get good instruction on it so it has been trial and error (mostly the latter) for me. Have not even learned the embroidery function on it and I so want to use that. Have the fabric mover and all the bells and whistles and wish I could use it to its potential. I've been back to dealer where I bought it but it's hopeless. A friend also has this and she's helped me alot and will soon teach me the embroidery...after the holidays. I've had this machine 3 yrs and still stumble around. I'm old, so if you're young, you'll get it alot easier than I have. Good luck...I wish you well and I really mean that.

I'm a Pfaff lover too. I have a Creative 7530 that I adore, and last summer I bought a Quilt Expression 2.0 to get the larger throat. My dealer also gives classes free for life, and I can call and ask questions any time.

I have 2 Pfaff! I have a 1471 that I got on Ebay that I just love. Have bid on a 1475 but didn't get it. They are in high demand:(

I don't have the machine that you mentioned, but I do have two Pfaff machines and a janome. I had another Pfaff that I gave to a friend. We are both thrilled with our machines and would have trouble buying anything else. How do you like your surger. I am still debating wether to get one or not. Let us know.

I do like my Janome also.

Lyn
    I had a 2144 which by all means and purposes was the 2170. I loved it. I could do anything with it but I would tell you to take the lessons. I traded up to the CV and can't live without it. It is begining to sing for me. This is what I am finishing for my son who spent a semester of college at the Univ. of Peking this year. This is a graduation present/Christmas present. Realize I have not ironed or quilted it yet. Just wanted to show the quality of the embroidery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Mine is a 7570 and I keep dreaming, almost committed to, a Creative 4.0. Would love the ease of embroidery. Mine embroiders, but doesn't use all the modern means. Almost there, just can't seem to make the leap. If there were another cheaper machine that embroiders with ease would go for that, but I do love my PFAFF and won't get rid of it.

Blog Entries
    I, too, love my old Pfaff 1196! I have an inexpensive Brother for all the fancy stitches and walking foot but I've only a couple of hundred left to pay on(off?) my new Pfaff Expressions 3.0! Looking forward to 2011!

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! Your work is beautiful.

Lyn
    Thank you. That was the first time I have put in a picture.

I love my Pfaff 2144. I have all the upgrades so it's equal to the 2170. It does so many things, I wonder is I will ever get to use them all. Just have regular maintainence done and you will have years of happpy sewing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn
    I had a 2144 which by all means and purposes was the 2170. I loved it. I could do anything with it but I would tell you to take the lessons. I traded up to the CV and can't live without it. It is begining to sing for me. This is what I am finishing for my son who spent a semester of college at the Univ. of Peking this year. This is a graduation present/Christmas present. Realize I have not ironed or quilted it yet. Just wanted to show the quality of the embroidery.
    This is a gorgeous quilt!!

Lyn
    Thank you guys so much!

That's so great for you. I bought my 2170 in August, 2010. I had a Pfaff 3.0 mechanical and loved the IDT feature. My budget to get an updated machine was like you, so when I found a 2170, I bought it. It truely is one of the best machines I have ever sewn on! You will love this machine. I am also still learning how to use it, but am taking the classes too. I am so happy for you! My first sewing machine was a Viking Rose which I still have. I liked it well enough but had trouble quilting with it, so I bought the Pfaff. I too have converted to being a loyal Pfaff fan.

I have a 10 year old Pfaff embroidery machine, I absolutely love it. Congratulations to you.

I have a Pfaff-one of the older ones, a 1527. I am currently saving up for an upgrade. I love the machine. It is awesome! Enjoy it. Let me know how it runs.

I have 2 Pfaffs. A 2054 for piecing and a 2170 for Embroidery. I LOVE them both!! :thumbup: I got both used and they have been great, I have found only one catch - my 2170 likes only good embroidery thread. :thumbdown:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast