Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If someone would refresh my memory, please >

If someone would refresh my memory, please

If someone would refresh my memory, please

Old 06-27-2011, 12:36 PM

I know the instructions on how to sew jelly rolls was on the board, thought I saved but, do I sew end to end? All one color then the next? Then what?if someone could give me details I would be so appreciative. Thank you soooo much! Monie
Old 06-27-2011, 12:48 PM

Here is one version and I know there are many more. http://www.quiltersqtrs.com/free_bom...%20Pattern.pdf
Old 06-27-2011, 12:53 PM

There are about as many ways to sew them together as there are colors of the rainbow!!! One thing to keep in mind as you sew your strips together is to alternate the direction you sew in. IE: Start at one end to sew the strips together, when you add the next strip, start at the end you ended on with the last one. I hope this makes sense! Anyway, this will help you NOT end up with a "crooked" square.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

really not sure what you are asking???
there are tons of patterns for using jelly rolls- 2 1/2" strips---whole books--
lots of times a jelly roll is one strip from each fabric in a line- so one of each---i'm not sure what you mean with sewing all one color-end to end?

you can sew the strips together lengthwise and make a strip quilt- you might want to put 2 end to end for that- (jelly rolls are usually 42" long-so 2 would be 83 1/2"
if you sew the strips together lengthwise you want to reverse each starting end- if you start at the same end over and over your strips will (bow--curve) that is avoided by starting at opposite ends with each addition.

if you can ask more specific questions we can probably steer you toward a pattern that you are thinking of :)

and if you read a topic- and comment on it--you can find it again by going to the top of the page and clicking on (watched topics--or--my posts, if you commented)there you will find a list of all the places you've been . :)
Old 06-27-2011, 01:36 PM

I cut 5 different fabrics 21/2" strips o 2 yards each if I sew them lengthwise will this be enough to make a quilt? These was bright colors and thought my teenage granddaughter would like the wild colors. I made a jelly roll quilt before but it was store bought. I guess my chemo brain has me confused and I am not asking what I mean. But all of you have helped. Thanks much! Monie
Old 06-27-2011, 04:02 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-44258-1.htm

Does this help? It's a super fast jelly roll.