Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If you fall in love with a fabric...

Blog Entries
    I have been more sorry for the things that I have not bought than the things that I did buy. HTH
    Nikki in MO

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    Buy it - if you're thinking about it enough to be writing about on here, it says a lot.

Life's too short - you'll regret it if you don't.
    I agree. Buy it if you can.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I can show you a closet full of fabric for which I had no specific use when I bought it. I do use it, wouldn't buy fabric any other way. Always gives me something else to shop for also -- fabric to go with the fabric for which I had no specific use!!! I just love it all.
    Nana Jan
    Friendships are gifts from God that should be cherished and nourished

I'd say buy it. Heaven knows I've done it enough. Just be sure you get enough to do something with. My rule of thumb for fabric I really love is three yards. If it calls you that way, though, you should get it even if you just sit around and admire it!

How about making a wallhanging for yourself and you can be the 'little girl'?

Blog Entries
    That's why I have a room full of stash. Absolutely would I buy it. Word of warning - it can get out of hand and eventually, you may want to actually use some of those fabrics. lol
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

LOL! This is exactly what I was thinking about today when I found a vintage pink and white quilt for sale online. I thought it was lovely and exactly what I'd have liked as a little girl - and still do! I'm going to a LQS tomorrow "just to look" at fabrics. Apparently there's still a little girl in me even though I'm the other side of 50!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Have you ever had a baby quilt of your own? Make yourself, your "little girl self", a quilt, label it as such and enjoy every moment under it! We ALL have a part of ourselves that has never grown up.

Jan in VA

i guess i am the dissenter here. i would be madly looking for a pattern or trying to come up with a specific idea for the fabric before buying it. there are several fabric lines that i look at all the time, but cant bring myself to spend the money until i at least have a plan. part of me would love to just stash, but i just dont do it

I woul buy it but then again I have no willpower.

I saw a quilt kit in Houston that I fell in love with - looked at it for 6 days - when I decided to buy it they were out of stock. Ended up calling that shop a month later and ordered it then. I never stopped wanting that kit and am so happy I bought it. It has all been washed and ironed and is waiting for me to cut into it. Buy it - you are worth it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast