Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had a request for a "neutral" bed quilt, what would that mean to you?

I want to make a quilt for our youth pastor and his soon to be wife as a wedding present. I talked with his mom and she said their home colors will be more "neutral".

I am thinking creams, tans, browns......any suggestions? I liked the "creme brulee" quilt that was posted and then gone..... but it was just two colors.

Quote Originally Posted by luvspaper
    I want to make a quilt for our youth pastor and his soon to be wife as a wedding present. I talked with his mom and she said their home colors will be more "neutral".

I am thinking creams, tans, browns......any suggestions? I liked the "creme brulee" quilt that was posted and then gone..... but it was just two colors.
    Creams, tans, browns would be my guess.

ETA: what about doing a sampler with various shades of creams, tans, and browns?

Blog Entries
    You are right on target.Many different colors of white thru ivory, lt tan. They are beautiful when done. No Darks of any kind but some greys are used also.

I've seen some totally gorgeous neutral quilts. A friend of mine did the Eleanor Burns Night and Day in a dark brown and cream. Very striking. I've also seen a log cabin done with white on whites on the light side and white on creams and tans on the dark side.

Blog Entries
    I agree with tans, creams and browns.

Could also be the greys and or taupe ?????

Blog Entries
    Creams,beige,off white & various shades of those colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborahlees
    Could also be the greys and or taupe ?????
    One of the quilt stores in my area had a to die for taupe collection. That collection would make a stunning neutral quilt.

Agree...tones that go with any other color, beige, white, tan. I'd stay away from dark browns.

Would it have to be Browns and creams? I thought any color that would be for anyone. Not wild or bold. That's my thought. But i'm only guessing.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast