Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm disappointed - anyone else? >

I'm disappointed - anyone else?

I'm disappointed - anyone else?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:57 AM

Thank you for the link for the corrections! I will print these out and put in my magazines. I know I could be the problem, but I will check these out

Last edited by meyert; 09-07-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I double checked and I really do think I cut as directed, but things are off. Then I try to figure it out on my own and then I really make mess. I finally got it, but it took much longer than it should have. There are 2 other quilts in this issue that I would like to make but I am afraid that there will be measurements issues on those as well. Does anyone know if there are corrections that are listed anywhere?
There was one issue that had several major and minor errors in it. The corrections were put up either on her website or her blog, I can't remember which. I printed the corrections and stuck them in the magazine.

Cari
Edit- I see someone beat me to it.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:05 AM

Moda Jelly rolls are always 42 pieces - there are some others that are less - you really have to pay attention when looking at them. I love Jenny too but my only issue is Block magazine does not give you the templates - if you want to make a quilt - you have to buy their template - when Quilting Quickly came out - they would include the template so you could make your own. I realize they want to sell items but I really think they should include templates.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry you are having difficulties. I was quite surprised when my best friend handed out a sheet for the block of the month from one of Jenny's pattern. The problem I saw immediately was that all the sides of the pinwheel were bias. Bias is not your friend even with all the starching one can pile on the fabric. Just my opinion. I would certainly contact them with the problem that you are having. They might be able to get you turn into the right direction.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:48 AM

As I looked again, the magazine said the star should be 23-1/2" mine is 24-1/4" so that is probably the root of the problems. Not exactly sure what I did different. The magazine pattern shows that the star fits matched to 5 of the charm squares on the row above it - my star needed 5-1/2 of the charm squares. I ended up adding strips on all sides of the star block, that had everything line back up. I will have to see how I like it when I'm done. I might shoot them an email... we'll see
Old 09-07-2014, 11:09 AM

I bought the digital version of the first issue and didn't buy anymore. I don't like working with so many bias edges and it seemed like a lot of the patterns used techniques that ended up with them.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:25 AM

I am a little disappointed that there are so many corrections. I would think that these quilts would be tested to death before they would be put in the magazine. I am holding off on subscribing to see how it goes for awhile longer.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by roisinom View Post
Thanks so much for the update. How did you know to look for this?
Old 09-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Power Poster

The forum on the Missouri Star site has as much more info about the patterns then here. Mistakes are always posted there when someone finds one. I see many posters here on that board too so it's like family there too.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:20 PM

They should send an email to all their subscribers when they find errors.....