Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm disappointed - anyone else? >

I'm disappointed - anyone else?

I'm disappointed - anyone else?

Old 09-08-2014, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan View Post
I am a little disappointed that there are so many corrections. I would think that these quilts would be tested to death before they would be put in the magazine. I am holding off on subscribing to see how it goes for awhile longer.
I am disappointed, also. Six correction in one issue is a lot. I think it might help if she gave the patterns that were coming out in the next magazine to different quilters; not part of the Missouri Quilt Co. These are testers. Let them actually make a quilt. They may more easily find such errors. I know how I felt when I tried to edit my cookbook. The lines were all swimming before my eyes near the end and I couldn't do it anymore. They need a new set of eyes for each new quilt.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:31 AM

have you checked the website. they have a list of corrections for each edition. I wish someone would proof the books before the publish them. I'm a little put out that they are coming out with errors. Its a wonderful book and I love Jenny but this isn't doing their reputation any good.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I am so sorry you are having difficulties. I was quite surprised when my best friend handed out a sheet for the block of the month from one of Jenny's pattern. The problem I saw immediately was that all the sides of the pinwheel were bias. Bias is not your friend even with all the starching one can pile on the fabric. Just my opinion. I would certainly contact them with the problem that you are having. They might be able to get you turn into the right direction.
I have noticed Jenny makes a lot of blocks on the bias. Learned the hard way to jiggle the pattern so it's not. Pain to start a pattern by changing it but saves a pain trying to sew them together. Though I do love her and her videos!!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by roisinom View Post
I really feel dumb, and am sometimes with technology (lol - I call it mentalpause) but how do you print the corrections and from which screen? I don't get much when I try to just print the screen. Is it easier if you go directly to her site? And when you get into her site what do you look for. I have had problems just getting in it. Thank you ladies who are so cool with all this technical stuff!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:02 AM

Hi,
I thought the price was more than $1. Is there a coupon available?
Old 09-08-2014, 09:15 AM

I don't see where it's $1. On the website it is $5.99 per issue for a paper subscription and $4.99 per issue for digital. I wonder if some are mistakenly believing that it's $5.99 per year (6 issues per year). It is $34.95 per year for the paper subscription.

There is a link for errors for each issue. Not one for the current issue yet but it's probably coming as they find out about the mistakes.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:05 AM

I haven't seen the magazine yet, so I can't comment on that.
I have watched some of her tutorials and find that many of her blocks have the bias on the outer edges of the blocks.
I made one block from the "Disappearing Pinwheel" tutorial. I liked how easy it was to make the block, but not happy about the bias edges on the outside edges of the block.
I'll have to figure out how to make it so that I don't have that problem.
Sharon in Texas
Old 09-08-2014, 03:49 PM

I recently recd the latest BLOCK....am quite indifferent about it.....don't think I will subscribe to any more.....getting to "Folksy". Prefer Eleanor Burns books more.......blocks are cut from yardage...mostly and edges are on straight of grain when they should be.......jmho
Old 09-08-2014, 05:06 PM

I got an email with corrections for three issues. Filed them in the books. Hope they do better with future issues.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:18 PM

Its always a disappointment to find out there are errors in directions. I hope they resolve this before it does damage to the subscriber list. The last thing I want to do is have to verify a printed pattern directions are accurate. I might as well design/draft my own if purchased patterns are not 100 percent accurate. I purchased a book of patterns and come to fond out there were 34 pages that had corrections. I took the book back and was told "they resolved the corrections in later additions". I was stunned that I could not return the book for a "correct" addition.
Now I look for corrections before I purchase a book.