Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I'm looking for suggestions >
  • I'm looking for suggestions

• I'm looking for suggestions

Old 05-31-2013, 05:50 PM

Default I'm looking for suggestions

Hello everyone! I have picked up lots of information by reading the message board and checking out the pictures of the quilts so many of you have posted but this is the first time I have posted a message myself. Hopefully I will do this correctly and all of you will be able to read this. With the introduction of so many college and university themed fabrics I wonder if anyone has seen any patterns created specifically for these fabrics. It didn't matter so much until lately, when, being an avid Ohio State Buckeye fan, I learned that at long last, fabric with all the OSU logos and such has been made available. The temptation to order a boat load of every one I see seemed like a good idea until I added up what it would cost!! So if anyone has or has seen such a pattern, I would really appreciate it if you could share the information. Thank you so much, Connie
    Old 05-31-2013, 05:54 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

I buy Crimson Tide fabric at Local Wal-mart...they also sell Auburn Tigers...I DO NOT buy. Try your local Walmart. It runs between 8 and 12 bucks a yard, more if the team is NATIONAL CHAMPION!!! Roll Tide Roll!
    Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 PM

Hey Tracy! Thanks for the quick reply but I am looking for patterns created specifically for the use of the university fabrics. How do you use your "Roll Tide" fabric in a quilt? By the way, many people think there is a real good chance that my Buckeyes and your Crimson Tide will be playing in the national championship game this year!! GO BUCKS!
    Old 05-31-2013, 07:10 PM

Okay, I know this doesn't use the actual school fabrics but I bought this pattern for the BEST college team, University of MIchigan...GO BLUE! They do have it for OSU http://www.creativequiltkits.com/ohi...d-designs.html
    Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 PM

Just think big blocks, Hope that helps a bit.
    Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 PM

I was so excited to finally see it, I bought some of each design. I haven't decided what pattern I'm going to use for it though. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread for ideas. Go Bucks!
    Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 PM

Thanks so much for the information. I made that OSU quilt last summer for myself and another for my son when I first saw those patterns AND, even though it went against my Buckeye heart, I made the Michigan quilt for a friend for Christmas. If I don't find anything else, I think I will use that quilt pattern for the center and surround it with blocks made from the university prints until I get it to the size I want. Thanks again, Connie
    Old 05-31-2013, 07:36 PM

I, too, was thrilled to see that finally OSU had sold the rights but so far, I haven't been able to buy any! Ironically, I live in michigan (just outside ann arbor) and it isn't available here yet. I did find a place online - www.collegefabricstore.com that will have it available at the end of June which is why I am trying to put my plan in place and have a pattern ready to go. Thanks for the info. Connie GO BUCKS!
    Old 05-31-2013, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by clk6446
    Hey Tracy! Thanks for the quick reply but I am looking for patterns created specifically for the use of the university fabrics. How do you use your "Roll Tide" fabric in a quilt? By the way, many people think there is a real good chance that my Buckeyes and your Crimson Tide will be playing in the national championship game this year!! GO BUCKS!
    Be creative. Design a quilt using O S U in a style specific to Ohio State. What color is your red??? Scarlet, Red-red, crimson??????? Use tonal reds for the background and the OSU fabric for the OSU letters. Make an all red/OSU grid of small squares----------then cut out the OHIO state outline. Applique to a neutral back ground.

For a simple one--------every other square in the OSU fabric with the other block in the red or white.

for that matter, do warm wishes, but make the rail block red/white/red
    Old 05-31-2013, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    Okay, I know this doesn't use the actual school fabrics but I bought this pattern for the BEST college team, University of MIchigan...GO BLUE! They do have it for OSU http://www.creativequiltkits.com/ohi...d-designs.html

LOVE THAT DESIGN. OSU is my son in law's school. NOT MINE!